Oklahoma, Nike Unveil Additional Uniforms for 2014

3XL

http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=127245&SPSID=750323

WARNING: for those who care nothing about uniforms, design, recruiting, branding & free market enterprise...please move along...

...Sooners will "Bring The Wood" in 2014 with a couple of alternate uniforms. Similar to Norte Dame's Annual Shamrock Series alternate uniforms. Apparently even traditional and storied programs see an "opportunity" to expand their brand and recruiting reach. Like it or not uniforms are "part" of the equation for some recruits and fans.

3XL

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

agreed not great....

I do like some of the elements but the wood grain red helmets are a little much...

if you watched the "players reaction" video on the link...they were digging it.

I wish we could improve on our flat "toothpaste mint green helmets with 80's white facemask", 80's shoes and socks and our mojo killing horn stripe pants...those are truly "bad".

We need a lil more kick ass "Mean Green" for our helmets....

#BeatTexas2014

• Upvote 3

Weird, the OU logo is still the same. I thought you needed to change that every other year. Oh well.

nope...never said that...no need to fix what's not broken. Now "our helmets" they could use some help.

• Upvote 3

nope...never said that...no need to fix what's not broken. Now "our helmets" they could use some help.

I agree that the SOW would look great on the helmet as opposed to "North Texas".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like them. I like most alternate uni's/helmets though. Off the top of my head, I also liked:

NT's carbon fiber helmets (so awesome)

TCU's alt. blood squirting helmets.

Boise state's huge horse head helmets

Rutgers, etc. matte black background helmets

The one exception is Oregon. Don't like most of what they do.

In general people just judge this sort of thing way to harshly.

• Upvote 1

I like them. I like most alternate uni's/helmets though. Off the top of my head, I also liked:

NT's carbon fiber helmets (so awesome)

TCU's alt. blood squirting helmets.

Boise state's huge horse head helmets

Rutgers, etc. matte black background helmets

The one exception is Oregon. Don't like most of what they do.

In general people just judge this sort of thing way to harshly.

NT's carbon fiber helmets- Love 'em

TCU's alt. blood squirting helmets.- Just stupid

Boise state's huge horse head helmets- Ugly. the horse head is too big

Rutgers, etc. matte black background helmets- Love 'em

• Upvote 1

I would add Nebraska, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.

totally agree that Alabama, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, OU, Ohio State, SoCal, Texas & Penn State all have great traditional uniforms and do not need to improve much of anything...but people, fashion and equipment do evolve over time...

out of the 9 schools listed above...5 of them are currently doing an alternate for recruiting appeal. "ND, Nebraska, Michigan, Oklahoma & OSU)

I just would like for North Texas to evolve from our 1980's look..."mint green helmet, white facemask, white socks, white shoes & 90's horn stripe" to something a little more current.

"expand the brand" & let's look more "Mean Green"

3XL

Edited by 3XL