No more heckling

Eagle915

Too bad we don't have a rich donor who could buy the tickets and then hold tryouts. We could do it at the tailgate first game.

All we need is 240 people willing to give $100. Doesn't seem like we need a single donor. I don't do fundraising, though...so maybe that's asking a lot?

Seriously, though...forget splitting the tickets up amongst multiple student organizations. Just promote it during student orientation. Limit it to just freshman, require that they commit to attending every game (or making sure someone is in their seat), then award the seats either raffle style or tryouts (more difficult to coordinate) and we give them a cool jersey/shirt/hat/I dunno to wear to the games so they all stand out in the crowd. We could take this stupid CUSA rule, and turn it on it's head into something more positive.

I was young. I needed the scratch. It was an experimental time. Digital photography didn't exist. I burned the negatives.

As long as you bought stock in Preparation H, the plan probably worked out well.

SMU vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Peterbilt! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

Lousiana Tech vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Sally Beauty Supply! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

Nicholls St. vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Target! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

Southern Miss vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Texas Health Presbyterian! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

FAU vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Sam Moon! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

FIU vs. UNT--FREE ADMISSION for Young Alums Sponsored by Mayday Manufacturing! Limited Supply of Premium Seating!

If even a couple take UNT up on the deal, the tickets could be left at Will Call or something, I would think?

• Upvote 3

What is the maximum number of tickets a single recent grad can purchase?

Probably about 15,000, I'd assume. If not, this is the scenario I envision:

"Here, take my money!"

"No! Get away from us with that filthy cash!"

"But I'm a UNT grad!"

"Exactly! We don't know what to do when our own graduates try to give us money! Now leave before we call the fuzz!"

Even if you meant "How many of the 240" I'd think the answer would still be "as many as you like" unless they want to start explaining why they're turning down money, a la the simulacrum depicted above.

• Upvote 2

Correct.. There is no limit.

Probably about 15,000, I'd assume. If not, this is the scenario I envision:

"Here, take my money!"

"No! Get away from us with that filthy cash!"

"But I'm a UNT grad!"

"Exactly! We don't know what to do when our own graduates try to give us money! Now leave before we call the fuzz!"

Even if you meant "How many of the 240" I'd think the answer would still be "as many as you like" unless they want to start explaining why they're turning down money, a la the simulacrum depicted above.

cor

Welp, I'm a recent grad. Most of you know where to find me, so I'm not a flight risk. Somebody tell me what to do, and I'll take a big stack of cash to Eddie myself. Two logistical issues:

1) How to physically amass cash.

2) To whom we distribute them.

Do they come with parking passes too?

Edit: I am not personally dumping thousands of my own dollars into this. I mean that if I can be a means of mass purchase by funneling not recent grad dollars through me, I'll gladly be your old donkey guy.

Edited by oldguystudent

Corporate sponsorship opportunity here y'all. Get someone to buy all those seats and make the tickets a give-away promo thing. Show up at the business to claim the tix. Then at every game the company also provides shirts for those 240. All the people on TV (since the cameras face the visiting bench) will all look the same (green).

The Peterbilt Honk Zone

The Jostens Jostlers

The Purell Hand Sanitizer After-game High-Five Central

The Rudy's BBQ Ramble Rousers

The Academy Sports and Outdoors something somthings (fans can yell at the other team that Academy carries even less of their team's crap than they do UNT stuff.)

The Acme Brick Wall of Profanity

endless possibilities...

• Upvote 2

I'd throw in for one seat if this idea gets off the ground

Storm knocked out my internet, so can't do much now, by I am considering looking into crowdfunding sites that allow proceeds for personal use.

Of course, we'll need to argue bitterly over who ultimately gets the tickets, but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Storm knocked out my internet, so can't do much now, by I am considering looking into crowdfunding sites that allow proceeds for personal use.

Of course, we'll need to argue bitterly over who ultimately gets the tickets, but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Coeds.

All Coeds... ;-)

• Upvote 2

One of you recommended Crowdtilt to me. Its fees are 2.5% to the contributor, 2.5% to the recipient. I like the ease of accounting for how much goes where. I don't like the fees.

Another good thing about it though is that we can set a minimum threshold for money raised, such as, say $10,000. Until that threshold is met, nobody's credit card gets charged. If the campaign expires without meeting minimum goal, everybody gets to take their ball and go home.

Somebody suggested Eddie set up something in the athletic department. I think that considering the end goal of skirting conference rules would put the department in a precarious spot by doing that.

So, I suggest we discuss for another day or so, and come to a reasonable consensus. Time is fairly short.

Why would it skirt conference rules? Sorry, I thought the goals was to provide tickets for loud young alumni that wouldn't be able to afford it. I didn't realize it was to buy tickets for students that get them for free. Missed the point I guess.

It should definitely be the former, and not the latter.

• Upvote 1

I can certainly facilitate and take donations if you guys want to buy for young alumni and then we can work from there for filling the seats with people that want to go and be loud. It shouldn't be a problem at all for me to do donations, or I could just purchase them under your name and you can gift your tickets away.

I can certainly facilitate and take donations if you guys want to buy for young alumni and then we can work from there for filling the seats with people that want to go and be loud. It shouldn't be a problem at all for me to do donations, or I could just purchase them under your name and you can gift your tickets away.

Bottom line: You put someone loud and abrasive in the seat, I'll send you a hundred bucks. How's that? Then you need aggressively publicize the concept here, on Facebook, at the July 30th reception, at Helmets and Heels, et all. I don't want to piss money away so one loan dude can stand among a smattering of the golf clap crowd who shame him into sitting down.

The conference wants to shut us up. I want to follow the rules and have them fail miserably in their pursuit.

• Upvote 1

The premise is that the CUSA does not want students in those seats but the logic is you can be a recent grad and be just as loud and when a coach complains well they are recent grads not students.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Eddie, but once a recent grad buys a ticket, he can what he wants with said ticket, correct? As long as the AD can honestly say they sold the ticket to a recent grad, the grad can the give the ticket to anyone he wants, be it older alumni or a student, correct?

• Upvote 1