No more heckling

Eagle915

I think this will backfire on the Conference people who decided on this. Last season awoke the sleeping giant that was North Texas. I don't see putting restrictions on students, who are excited to be at the game and cheering their asses off, working in any way. They will cheer and heckle even louder than before regardless of where they are sitting and it's going to be an awesome atmosphere to witness.

• Upvote 1

So, there's one section in the stadium where fans are willing to stand the whole game and we're being forced to move them both further away from the action and behind a group of ticket holders who we're inviting to sit (via the included seat backs)?

I can't imagine what the students were doing that could've led to this but I have to assume this decision wasn't made casually.

At least since SMU is in the AAC, we can keep on heckling them like we would anybody else. And Nichol's State.

This actually won't be the case since they are being sold as season tickets. I'm sure it will apply to all games since it's a conference rule. Now I would understand if it's more loosely enforced for the OOC games, but the precedent needs to be set for all games so fans aren't confused... "but I sat over there last week?!?!? Why isn't it okay this week?"

• Upvote 1

I understand the why, but what happens if only 100 tickets were to get sold? Have 140 empty seats just sitting there?

It's simple, the students move forward. It cannot be enforced. It's a stupid rule. Especially from a conference that has problems putting butts in seats. Americans need to get some backbone. This nonsense is ridiculous. These are football players. These guys aren't going to get their feelings hurt like the spineless SOBs imposing this crap on our country.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Why are people getting worked up about this? From the article it sounds like RV fought his butt off to basically keep things how they are. That's awesome. Let's assume it is enforced with 100% success...the students are an extra 10 feet away from the bench. That's completely irrelevant. The young alumni may be just as rowdy as the students.

For the record, I am sure they will put ushers down there, but doubt it will stop every student who might be hellbent on sitting down there...assuming these seats don't sell out.

Everybody relax.

• Upvote 1

At least since SMU is in the AAC, we can keep on heckling them like we would anybody else. And Nichol's State.

Oh, for the love of God, please don't heckle the poor Nicholls State players. Unless of course we need the extra heckling...in which case we're in big trouble this season. But generally speaking...when you pay an opponent for a "tune up" game, it's because they're already considered pretty low on the ladder of competition. Heckling them is like making fun of the asthmatic skinny kid in gym class...it makes you look worse and makes them look better than would have been the case with just a sound beating.

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1

Why are people getting worked up about this? From the article it sounds like RV fought his butt off to basically keep things how they are..

You do realize that the press release was from the athletic department and approved by RV, right? Of course it will paint RV in the best light possible.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You want the section filled spread the word that they are 100 dollars and have them call me to fill the section up. We are trying our best to sell but have thousdands of student leads to go thru.

You guys have called me three times this year trying to sell me tickets, which doesn't speak well for your data management. However, I really appreciate that you're calling people and selling tickets. You're doing great work, and I hope to see Apogee considerably more filled as time progresses.

• Upvote 1

You do realize that the press release was from the athletic department and approved by RV, right? Of course it will paint RV in the best light possible.

Actually, I did realize that. The article may have over sold it a little bit, but I have little doubt RV let it be known he felt it was a stupid rule. Give credit where it's due.

• Upvote 2

You guys have called me three times this year trying to sell me tickets, which doesn't speak well for your data management. However, I really appreciate that you're calling people and selling tickets. You're doing great work, and I hope to see Apogee considerably more filled as time progresses.

If you PM your name I can notate your account so that you wont get so many calls.

• Upvote 2