Ricky V doing his thing @Apogee

Harry

Sometime I would like to hear a video of this presentation. Just curious what our "long standing traditions" are. Did he mention the Bell and Model T? Neither of which have made it into Apogee.

. I miss the Tug. Isn't the Bell set up opposite Boomer on the grass? I don't know anything about a Model T... But the Electric A has been sitting between the wing and alumni section every home game.
  • Upvote 4

The Bell has never been in Apogee stadium. The ROTC takes up residence on the opposite green area from the cannon. The only time I have seen the Model A (thanks for the correction) was the first year Apogee was open and it was located where you indicated. Some students were asking for donations from alumni passing by to help finish the remodeling of it. IMHO the bell should be put back on a trailer and brought into the stadium by the Model A (electric or otherwise) and parked in front of the ROTC where they can ring it in conjunction with the firing of the cannon after TD's and/or the team entering or leaving the field.

The bell (and it's replacement) is the oldest spirit icon of our University. The Cannon and the Model A came afterward.

The Bell has never been in Apogee stadium. The ROTC takes up residence on the opposite green area from the cannon. The only time I have seen the Model A (thanks for the correction) was the first year Apogee was open and it was located where you indicated. Some students were asking for donations from alumni passing by to help finish the remodeling of it. IMHO the bell should be put back on a trailer and brought into the stadium by the Model A (electric or otherwise) and parked in front of the ROTC where they can ring it in conjunction with the firing of the cannon after TD's and/or the team entering or leaving the field.

The bell (and it's replacement) is the oldest spirit icon of our University. The Cannon and the Model A came afterward.

I don't recall seeing the Model A anywhere, but are you not referring to the bell they ring all the time, sitting right next to Boomer?

Bill, there is a bell that resides next to Boomer and is rung after firing and in other instances. Don't know that it's the bell though.

As for the Model A...

I saw it being tugged behind a golf cart near Facilities' office in the last few weeks of May.

• Upvote 1