Well, you know. It was just one of those rare times where you have nine incredibly talented musicians(the type that actually plays an instrument) who can harmonize together as good as it's going to ever be heard and sound as good, if not better than the studio recorded version. It lasted two non stop hours of hit after hit.

My wife and I were seeing them for the first time and were both blown away at how entertaining the show was. Burns, the lead guitarist, when allowed to let loose on many of the tunes showed a side you won't hear on their recordings, almost a Stevie Ray Vaughn...esk style that I love. Everyone played long leads including Huey himself doing three minute lead riffs on harmonica. The four peice horn section was the icing on the cake and reminded me of that group that played for our party in N.O.

Their 6 minute plus version of Jacob's Ladder was just unreal. They could re release that now and I would bet it would do very well.

My favorite part was when they brought out those old 50 styled steel microphones and Huey and the original four others did three doo wop songs acapella. Makes the hair on the back of your neck stand they were so good. Unbelievable harmony and timing.

We were also seeing a performance inside Bass Hall for the first time. We were dead center about 35 feet in front of the stage. That place is something to see for sure. It's so tight but you get a large sound feel and the seats are comfortable and have plenty of room too. You get the feeling your in your living room almost because someone would yell from the third upper balcony and you could hear perfectly what was said, great accoustics. The concert looked to be sold out, not sure how many that place holds but the atmosphere was great. We loved it and will go see him again when they come back because you can't go down to just anywhere and see true musicians perform together in that way.

Rick

Actually, I would have LOVED to have seen that show. Any show at Bass is great but I bet Huey could bring me back to some good times with his songs.... but I had a date with a "Runaway Jury" tonight and it kicked severe butt even if I didn't agree with the moral of the story in principle (why do they ALWAYS have to change the books when the books kick a$$ already???)

Anyways, glad you and D had fun Rick, I wish that NT would get off their keisters and get some good acts like that at the Murch.