How does UNT’s QB situation shake out?

Harry

Can't believe after Thompson's senior year that he still considered mediocre by so many obvious experts. Statistics in a vacuum don't mean much. Thompson didn't have big passing numbers because that was not the offense. Ever wonder why he was sacked so few times yet could hardly be considered ultra mobile. It was because he did not hold on to the ball long, so the team gave up few sacks. The other side of that is that he didn't compete many long slow developing passes.

I never would consider Thompson a great QB, but he did have a great year within NT's system. I have no doubt that some of the new QBs have equal or better skills, but it is going to be very difficult to develop the leadership ability that Thompson honed in 5 years in a much shorter span.

You just solidify the argument of DT's mediocrity by commenting on his fantastic O-line. Him rarely being sacked is another example of why his 1:1 was so pitiful. His last 2 years of CFB he was the least sacked QB in the country and still manages to throw game changing picks and have a 1:1. This is textbook mediocrity. I really like the guy and has always been a class act and was a great leader. Praise his intangibles, sure, but not his play.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just sad that people can't see and respect that DT wrung the most production out of the athletic ability with which he was blessed.

And led UNT to a 9-4 record and was a bowl MVP in the process.

I don't think anybody is saying he didn't...

I'm getting tired of the "he was a bowl game MVP" argument. This isn't THE Cotton Bowl were talking about, it's the HOD game against a 7-6 UNLV team. Yes, it's great we were there. Yes, he played great that game. But that game wasn't for a national championship. Wasn't even form CUSA Chsmpionship.

I'm getting tired of the "he was a bowl game MVP" argument. This isn't THE Cotton Bowl were talking about, it's the HOD game against a 7-6 UNLV team. Yes, it's great we were there. Yes, he played great that game. But that game wasn't for a national championship. Wasn't even form CUSA Chsmpionship.

So only achievements from national or conference championships matter? Lance is going to be disappointed.

So only achievements from national or conference championships matter? Lance is going to be disappointed.

So is Joe Green and countless others.

• Downvote 1

This thread is filled with people reading and interpreting others posts the way they want to.

And once again, apparently you can't be critical of people (players, coaches, AD, etc) without being seen on here as disrespectful and/or ungrateful.

Look, I didn't bother to read your post brah, but:

AAOvwmE.gif

*puts on shades*

And led UNT to an ass stomping of Nevada, not just a win. How many other UNT were bowl game MVPs?

Check back about game 5 and let me know if you still feel the same way.

• Downvote 1

And led UNT to an ass stomping of Nevada, not just a win. How many other UNT were bowl game MVPs?

Check back about game 5 and let me know if you still feel the same way.

It was the most impressive 256 yd, 2 td outing I've ever seen. Other than his Idaho game it was probably his best performance of the season.

• Downvote 1

For the most part he was asked to the lore on obvious passing downs so his stats are not going to be as inflated as QBs that play in much more pass friendly offenses.

Trying to compare one of Mac's QBs with other QBs based on stats alone will be very difficult.

Ding ding ding

• Downvote 1

We all act like DT wasn't allowed to throw the ball. Like he only was getting 15 attempts a game. Not true. Here are his attempts this season:

That's 390 attempts last season. For comparison Scott Hall had 237 in 2004. 153 attempts more in what everyone assumes were similar offenses. Not to mention a 14-4 td/int for hall to a 16/13 for DT.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 2