UNT off-season football program starts today

Harry

Its a landmark day in the calendar year for UNT football.

Off-season workouts are underway. Strength coach Frank Wintrich will have UNTs players for the next several weeks, when they will run, lift and prepare for the upcoming season.

Im going to write about it for tomorrows paper.

- See more at: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/06/and-so-it-begins-off-season-football-program-starts-today.html/#sthash.VN3SRidx.dpuf

This would be a great time for Dajon to show some motivation.

I totally agree. Especially when NT needs someone of his "potential" to start reaching it. I don't know what he is doing, or not doing, that has set him back in the QB race. But the coaching staff needs to have a (as the Baptist would say) "come to Jesus" meeting with him on that issue so that he can make the decision to either change, and work hard on that change, or make the decision to transfer. I think it's clear to most people by now that Coach Mac is not interested in his QB's freelancing, or trying to freelance, like Johnny M. If Mr. Williams is not interested in being a great bus driver first and a freelancer second....or third...or whatever, then he might want to look elsewhere to play football.

Right now, the "up and coming" talent at QB (iMHO) is Conner Means.

But the coaching staff needs to have a (as the Baptist would say) "come to Jesus" meeting with him on that issue so that he can make the decision to either change, and work hard on that change, or make the decision to transfer.

Seriously? The guy is a redshirt freshman. Way too early to panic with him. The problem here is the last 5 years of recruiting QB's not with DW.

Seriously? The guy is a redshirt freshman. Way too early to panic with him. The problem here is the last 5 years of recruiting QB's not with DW.

I'm certainly not panicked. Other people seem to be. And considering that he went from show-of-the-new-kid-in-the-Idaho-game to fourth string by the end of spring, he ought to start getting pretty concerned and pretty focused this summer. And as I said above, it would behoove him to find out from the coaching staff just where his focus needs to be. And, in fairness to this young man, it would behoove the coaching staff to do the same.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

My brother works at a grocery store in Lewisville and one of the coaches assistants comes in all the time. The assistant told my brother that the main reason that DW was redshirted last year was to focus on beefing up and to learn the play book. According to this assistant he didn't do either, at all. He then said that Greer is the starter if he can fully grasp the play book before fall camp starts. If not then they will rely on old faithful, McNulty.