Any info on new Mean Green helmets/uniforms?

Well, for someone who claims to not care, I think he has the highest post count in a thread that he could just not read. Strange how that works...

agreed...funny

UNT90 who calls men with opinions....ladies....he's definitely our "Queen" of trolling uniform threads....

• Upvote 1

Uniform options are a priority to recruits. I didn't create that theme, but it's a theme. So we have to adapt to the changing times or get left in the dust. It's not about fashion, it's about keeping up. Oh and bet your ass that Oregon has signed recruits based on uniform variety, guaranteed.

Lol!

I'm sure Oregon being a national power consistently ranked in the top ten nationally with a high powered offense and a member of a P5 conference has NOTHING to do with their recruiting success.

Tell about all the top recruits MTSU has pulled because of uniform girl stuff?

Ever heard of Alabama? Same boring uniform for ages, yet a top 5 recruiting class every year.

But I'm sure girling it up will have a HUGE impact on recruiting...

Mike, you're great and all, but your views on gender really get me worried sometimes.

I have news for you. Men have boy parts and women have girl parts.

They are kinda different. ;-)

I'll check out of the girl talk now...

Edited by UNT90

Lol!

I'm sure Oregon being a national power consistently ranked in the top ten nationally with a high powered offense and a member of a P5 conference has NOTHING to do with their recruiting success.

Tell about all the top recruits MTSU has pulled because of uniform girl stuff?

Ever heard of Alabama? Same boring uniform for ages, yet a top 5 recruiting class every year.

But I'm sure girling it up will have a HUGE impact on recruiting...

I have heard of Boise......

Seems more applicable to our current state

• Upvote 1

Seems best we leave it to former players and parents of players to comment whether they chose a school based upon the uniforms. I for one don't think so, however the branding is very important for recognition and being known. And that could influence their decision which is why classic looks like Alabama or Texas still are relevant. Same with the cowboys "star"

Edited by the green rokemi

I have heard of Boise......

Seems more applicable to our current state

And yet, they mostly kept the same uniform until about 3-4 years ago when they began to alter it weekly in the Oregon model. But...they gained notoriety way before that.

Uniforms are important. I have never heard a recruit say it was the #1 reason, but it can factor into kids watching games and following a program. Some kids and players make an issue out of having a number. That seems just as silly.

Of course winning solves almost every issue on this board, but that comes with doing the small stuff to get the recruits in the first place. Uniforms can get the attention of a recruit. May break a tie. It wont sway a kid that wants to play in the big 12.

And yet, they mostly kept the same uniform until about 3-4 years ago when they began to alter it weekly in the Oregon model. But...they gained notoriety way before that.

Boise state has had modern/ cool looking uniforms for a long time. Not only that, they became popular for one of the biggest gimmicks in college and that's the blue turf.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Boise state has had modern/ cool looking uniforms for a long time. Not only that, they became popular for one of the biggest gimmicks in college and that's the blue turf.

They didn't become popular for their uniforms, and they certainly didn't become popular for their hideous blue turf (which they had since the 80's). They became popular for being giant-killers.

• Upvote 3

Uniforms are important. I have never heard a recruit say it was the #1 reason, but it can factor into kids watching games and following a program. Some kids and players make an issue out of having a number. That seems just as silly.

Of course winning solves almost every issue on this board, but that comes with doing the small stuff to get the recruits in the first place. Uniforms can get the attention of a recruit. May break a tie. It wont sway a kid that wants to play in the big 12.

Didn't say it was the #1 reason, but if folks don't think that at the very least lured them into interest then people are naive. High school kids are more metro and materialistic than ever before. It's the direction the younger generation is heading at THIS present time. Make the most of it and adapt. That's all I'm saying. As for the argument of Alabama. They don't have to change uniforms, they just hand out cars & cash.
  • Upvote 1

They didn't become popular for their uniforms, and they certainly didn't become popular for their hideous blue turf (which they had since the 80's). They became popular for being giant-killers.

Before they were beating P5's consistently they were nationally known for their blue turf.

Before they were beating P5's consistently they were nationally known for their blue turf.

As a joke more than anything. It didn't become cool until they started winning big. Nobody was saying "that's awesome" about their blue field when we beat them three times in the old Big West.

• Upvote 2

As a joke more than anything. It didn't become cool until they started winning big. Nobody was saying "that's awesome" about their blue field when we beat them three times in the old Big West.

Kinda like we were nationally known for being the smallest, slowest team in FBS?

• Upvote 1

Didn't say it was the #1 reason, but if folks don't think that at the very least lured them into interest then people are naive. High school kids are more metro and materialistic than ever before. It's the direction the younger generation is heading at THIS present time. Make the most of it and adapt. That's all I'm saying. As for the argument of Alabama. They don't have to change uniforms, they just hand out cars & cash.

Call me naive. I find it VERY hard to believe that as student athletes make their lists of pros/cons in school selection that the decision comes down to how cool the uniform is. If it did, my bet is that the kid doesn't have head right with ball enough to see playing time.

Now I'm going to go buy a car. I don't care how fast or powerful it is. Gas mileage and Car & Driver rankings mean nothing to me. Give me a car with a cool paint job. Now your talking.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, yeah, and so is consistency.

Why don't we just keep redesigning every year until we hit 5 consecutive 8+ win seasons. Then we can stop because whatever logo we are at, it will be genius and good for the long haul.

Sarcasm aside, I wish we'd stop re-branding under the guise of "the kids like this". The kids like winning. The rest will take care of itself. I hope we're not spending too much money on this other stuff.

I don't mind changing the uniform from time to time. What I HATE is changing the color. Pick a green and stick with it!

• Upvote 2

Guess that is why Eastern Washington is tearing it up on the recruiting trail. Closer to home, Baylor did not start winning until Briles arrived. That success sllowed them yo start varying their uniforms. Same with Okie State. Texas Tech, on the other hand, tolls out every conceivable combination of Black, Red, Whitd and Grey and still, outside of one year, are consistentlly middle of the road in conference.

Call me naive. I find it VERY hard to believe that as student athletes make their lists of pros/cons in school selection that the decision comes down to how cool the uniform is. If it did, my bet is that the kid doesn't have head right with ball enough to see playing time.

Now I'm going to go buy a car. I don't care how fast or powerful it is. Gas mileage and Car & Driver rankings mean nothing to me. Give me a car with a cool paint job. Now your talking.

"Men in general judge more by their eyes than their hands: everyone can see, but few can feel." - Machiavelli

• Upvote 1

Omg is that Mary 90 still commenting on a fashion thread? What a Nancy boy.

Just commenting on posts directed my way.

And laughing at the ridiculousness of this entire thread. (Absent the greatness of my own contribution, of course).

Edited by UNT90

Guess that is why Eastern Washington is tearing it up on the recruiting trail. Closer to home, Baylor did not start winning until Briles arrived. That success sllowed them yo start varying their uniforms. Same with Okie State. Texas Tech, on the other hand, tolls out every conceivable combination of Black, Red, Whitd and Grey and still, outside of one year, are consistentlly middle of the road in conference.

Who in the h3ll is eastern Washington? How do you know anything about them? Theres only one thing that I can think of. Red turf.

And who said anything about uniforms helping teams "tear it up" in recruiting? no one on here said a recruit is picking a school based on uniforms.

• Upvote 1