MGB: UNT recruiting target series — Jerbrell Lipscomb

Yet another kid who plans on waiting out the process. Since our 2014 class now has 25 signees with the two recent JUCO additions (Dash and Denucci) we can't backcount any signees so we can only sign 25 in 2015. That includes our 3 grayshirts (Chumley, Jackson, and Graham), our FBS transfers, assuming they are coming in on scholarship (R Jackson, V Jackson, Sam Rice, and possibly Blake Bean), not to mention possibly a few walkons being put on scholarship counting towards this class (I believe Erick Evans and maybe more in the fall).

We're looking at about 7 or more scholarships for this class being filled up, not including actual commits like Rodney Bendy and hopefully more to come soon. Going into the season with double digit commits coupled with the afore mentioned players would leave not that many spots left.

Let's say we have 12 commits and 8 grayshirts/transfers/walkons put on scholarship. That's 20 of the spots taken up right there. We got about 5 commits during the season last year, and that'd be 25 right there.

Not saying that's how it's going to happen. Just interesting to think about with looking at what will be a smaller class again. Should be really interesting to see how this class shapes up if we have a big summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's why I don't like using grayshirts and an exceptionally large walkon program. It leaves recruiting limited every year. However, I like last years class and if he can land some quality linemen sprinkled in with maybe a few positional players I will be happy with this class as well. Regardless of who plays QB for us the future is bright with the skill players we have and with the freshmen class coming in.

• Downvote 1