UT: The best-case quarterback scenario isn't happening

Harry

I trust McNulty to be a great leader and a great ambassador of this university. I trust him even being our starting QB, At this point with the long summer I trust him to get the team together and hold meaningful player led practices. I don't trust him because of his arm strength and that is the only thing negative about him. He has a D1 football IQ and if the coaching staff manages him properly he can have mediocre statistics. If he can have mediocre statistics we will win football games. DW is the spark, McNulty is the steady hand under pressure. I don't care who starts as long as wins are produced, no pressure. Lose to smu then I'll be damned if this is my demeanor on this board the following day.

• Upvote 4

Arm strength doesn't worry me as much as protecting the ball. Wuerful (sp?), Applegate, Wlash, etc... did not have fantastic arms yet won at the D1 level. Shoot, Scott Hall's arm strength was suspect and he is everyone's favorite.

• Upvote 2

Arm strength doesn't worry me as much as protecting the ball. Wuerful (sp?), Applegate, Wlash, etc... did not have fantastic arms yet won at the D1 level. Shoot, Scott Hall's arm strength was suspect and he is everyone's favorite.

Hall wasn't really about the long throws. He was all about making well-timed and well-placed passes while being a pretty damned good leader on the field.

Hall wasn't really about the long throws. He was all about making well-timed and well-placed passes while being a pretty damned good leader on the field.

He had great arm strength his freshman year. It was only after he injured his bicep in a freak accident in practice just before the 02 Texas game, (which took him out of the season), that his arm strength came into question. He was a great leader, mentally tough as hell, and he could make plays with his feet.

He had great arm strength his freshman year. It was only after he injured his bicep in a freak accident in practice just before the 02 Texas game, (which took him out of the season), that his arm strength came into question. He was a great leader, mentally tough as hell, and he could make plays with his feet.

Hall was something else his freshman year. You could tell he was special compared to other qbs we had at the time or had recently. Rather than be a bus driver he had football instincts.