TV for first few games?

I don't see anything on fbschedules.com or espn.com yet. Can we assume that at least the UT game is sure to be on the Longhorn Network? Beyond that, does anyone have any information on televised games yet?

I think it's also safe to assume that Nicholls State probably won't be televised except maybe locally in DFW, but I would think there's at least a decent chance of seeing at least one more September game available on a carrier that all of us can get.

Thoughts, additions, info?

It's waaaaay too early for them to put out TV schedules. That won't start happening until the first week of August.

Maybe it's early-onset old age sinking in, but I thought for sure last year the schedules started trickling out in early summer.

For the past 7-8 years, TV schedules have been announced in mid-June. In fact, our own CUSA announced the 2013 TV schedule on May 7, 2013.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050713aaa.html

• Upvote 3

i could believe it because it will be the first stronghorn game and is sure to draw a lot of interest but i'm also sure the longhorn network would want to benefit from that interest so its still a toss up in my book.

LHN is not provided by all cable/satellite carriers so it's still not exactly a "national" broadcast. If you have DirecTV you'll be SOL.

Direct TV just got bought by At&T so maybe by the time the game comes around it will have the Longhorn Network, who knows.

It's the other way around: at&t bought DirecTV. I doubt anything changes between now and the beginning of the football season as there are a ton of regulatory hurdles that need to be taken care of before the acquisition is complete.

Pretty safe to assume La Tech game on 9/11 will be on national TV since it is a Thursday night game, probably Fox Sports 1 like the Rice game.

Yes.

Yes, this is excellent.

69305cd81247393e781b0c73c414aa25.jpg

If this game is indeed on FS1 or some other national broadcast, I'll need 2 things:

1. a flame-inducing handle on BB&B.

2. LT to have a decent season entering our contest.

The rivalry will begin taking shape nicely, and our focus can shift back away from the school where women eat churros.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes.

Yes, this is excellent.

69305cd81247393e781b0c73c414aa25.jpg

If this game is indeed on FS1 or some other national broadcast, I'll need 2 things:

1. a flame-inducing handle on BB&B.

2. LT to have a decent season entering our contest.

The rivalry will begin taking shape nicely, and our focus can shift back away from the school where women eat churros.

Their 2 games prior to this meeting are @ Oklahoma and @ ULL Ragin' Cajuns. I would guess they come into Apogee 0-2, but it will be an important game for both teams as it is the first CUSA game. I'm also going to assume they will be wearing these helmets:

New-LA-Tech-STARS-STRIPES-Helmet-1.jpg

UTSA has 2, possibly 4, national games but wherever you found espnu at is proof that their tv schedule has been out (which was my original point); i will not post a link about the rival on here so you will have to find it for yourself, do your own research, haven't you learned anything in college?

Wouldn't it only be proof that one game has been announced for TV, not the entire schedule? Also, best not to question someone's college learning in a poorly punctuated and capitalized run on sentence.

• Upvote 3

UTSA has 2, possibly 4, national games but wherever you found espnu at is proof that their tv schedule has been out (which was my original point); i will not post a link about the rival on here so you will have to find it for yourself, do your own research, haven't you learned anything in college?

Hey jackass, what network is TBA and where can I find that on DirecTV? Is that a new Turner network?

• Upvote 2

U would never see what i am really saying because you don't have the brain capacity to see it. This is kinda funny to me. Something so simple is hidden so well that your mind cannot grasp what i am really saying in most of my comments. And i can give you a million hints and you would never get it. proverbs 14:15 says the simple believeth every word but the prudent man looketh well to his going and since you are simple you take me word for word instead of being wise and seeing what i am really saying. go back to the last thread i left you in, i'm saying the same thing in there that i'm saying in here and you're so simple that you keep taking me word for word. challenging me every chance you get on words that are not meant but encoded. but until you can see what is unseen you are simple to me. and that "down" going down is ridiculously simple.

I love when someone rolls around to remind everyone how stupid they are in comparison to themselves.