Fans Invited To Attend Coaches Caravan This Week!

Harry

Caravan Coming To Denton, Plano, Gainesville and Dallas starting May 19th

spacer.gif

May 9, 2014

DENTON, Texas – Mean Green fans are encouraged to come enjoy free food, beverages and a chance to meet Dan McCarney, Tony Benford, Mike Petersen and other North Texas coaches and administrators as a part of the fourth annual Mean Green Club Coaches Caravan.

Like last year, the four-stop tour begins at Apogee Stadium’s Hub Club May 19 and ends at the club level of the Cotton Bowl in Dallas – the site where the Mean Green football team captured its first bowl victory in eleven years at the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

Coaches Caravan Cotton Bowl Parking Map

North Texas Hall of Famer and former Mean Green quarterback Jordan Case will host the event when it makes its stop at Park Place Lexus in Plano May 20. The tour will also stop in Gainesville the next day.

Fans will have a chance to mingle with the coaches and other Mean Green fans, ask questions, purchase tickets for the upcoming season and hear what the future holds for multiple North Texas athletic programs.

Stop 1: Denton
May 19, 6-8 p.m.
Apogee Stadium, Hub Club
1251 S. Bonnie Brae St.
Denton, Texas 76207
940-369-7284

Stop 2: Plano
May 20, 6-8 p.m.
Park Place Lexus
6785 Dallas Pkwy
Plano, Texas 75024

972-407-7000

Stop 3: Gainesville
May 21, 6-8 p.m.
First State Bank Conference Center
837 E California St.
Gainesville, Texas 76240

940-665-1711

Stop 4: Dallas
May 22, 6-8 p.m.
Cotton Bowl, Club Level
3750 The Midway - Gate 3
Dallas, Texas 75215
214-939-2217

Maybe its just me, but the Cotton Bowl doesn't seem like that effective of a place to hold one of the meetings. I am sure I'm wrong about this, and they will get a huge crowd, but Fair Park on a Thursday night doesn't seem like a real inviting venue to a lot of people. Again, I'm sure I'm wrong, but that one seems like the worst of the four spots to hold a Coaches Caravan...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That's what I was going to suggest as well. Try to make some of the events in other areas. Each one is unique and fun. They usually provide a lot of insider info that you wouldn't typically get. I have always left these events feeling good about the direction of things.

I am going to the Cotton Bowl Caravan event.

I was looking at the Cotton Bowl parking web site for parking locations.

Car parking in the State Fair parking lots is $15.00 per car.

Does anyone know the parking fee for the Caravan Event?

$5

Day pass on the green line.

• Upvote 3

Nice turnout at Gainesville tonight. Kee, Palileo, Hedlund, Slekis, Benford, Peterson, Mac, RV, Hank Dickenson, and George Dunham were all there. RV talked about baseball coming hopefully in the 2015 season. Also said that the upcoming year would be the best ever for UNT athletics. Mac, Peterson, and Hedlund were very entertaining with their respective portions of the roundtable. Derek Thompson also spoke of how much his scholarship meant to him and his family, said his tryout with the Broncos went well & is waiting for a phone call. If the call doesn't come, he's prepared to go on with his life as a high school football coach. Food was okay, mostly finger foods (fried cheese sticks, boneless chicken wings, fruits, veggies, etc)

• Upvote 3