UNT, DCTA & CVB partnering for gameday events

C Vo

I like the part about the DART green Line, and the A-train will provide transportation

from Dallas to Apogee. Will this service good for all home games?

I rode the Dart and A-train last year. Sure beats the heck out of driving to Denton from Dallas.

I enjoyed the train ride!

We aren't neck and neck with Houston anymore? Their enrollment is 39k, ours is 36k. That seems pretty neck and neck to me. We also have room for exponential kind of growth whereas Houston is kind of boxed in. We will surpass 40K in the near upcoming years.

I wondered the same thing. Last time I checked Houston was just barely ahead of us

This is great news and a long time coming. As I wrote in a previous post, we need to get schmoo involved in the DCTA/ DART thing. I want to see a lot of their fans at Apogee every year that we play at home and vice-versa with us at Ford. It is time for the Safeway series to give way to the A- Train series. This could be a real event every year and this could be the year we sell out Apogee. Long distances or short, trains are fun, convenient and SAFE. GMG!

• Upvote 2

We aren't neck and neck with Houston anymore? Their enrollment is 39k, ours is 36k. That seems pretty neck and neck to me. We also have room for exponential kind of growth whereas Houston is kind of boxed in. We will surpass 40K in the near upcoming years.

According to this article, Houston's enrollment is 40,747, while ours is 35,836. I certainly don't consider that neck-and-neck. If it is, we are much "neck-and-neck-er" with Texas State (34,229), UTA (33,267), and Tech (32,611).

And considering our numbers have been floating right around 36k for several years, I don't see us catching up to Houston in student enrollment anytime soon. Not within the next 10 years, anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The CVB, UNT and DCTA are anchoring the campaign that will launch in July and run throughout the Mean Green’s 2014 season under the direction of local firm Swash Labs.

Owner Josh Berthume’s campaign design will reach 1.5 million fans, friends of fans and alumni in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro region alone. No doubt he can do it. Swash Labs has been driving the rising game-day momentum I just described all along.

Awwwwww, yeah. Time for my man Berthume to kick the Swash action into high gear.

According to this article, Houston's enrollment is 40,747, while ours is 35,836. I certainly don't consider that neck-and-neck. If it is, we are much "neck-and-neck-er" with Texas State (34,229), UTA (33,267), and Tech (32,611).

And considering our numbers have been floating right around 36k for several years, I don't see us catching up to Houston in student enrollment anytime soon. Not within the next 10 years, anyway.

That number also includes Houston's law school students. Soon we will be able to do the sane thing.

Oh, wait...

I forgot we have a waste of space for a Chancellor that screwed that and many many more things up.

Good News? I doubt UNT-DALLAS law ever happens

That number also includes Houston's law school students. Soon we will be able to do the sane thing.

Oh, wait...

I forgot we have a waste of space for a Chancellor that screwed that and many many more things up.

Good News? I doubt UNT-DALLAS law ever happens

It's supposed to happen, but things are sure quiet around old Dallas City Hall every time I go by there.

It's supposed to happen, but things are sure quiet around old Dallas City Hall every time I go by there.

Texas A&M filled the need for a public law school in DFW by buying Wesleyan Law. Something we had the opportunity to do years ago but made another stunningly bad decision and passed.

I doubt you ever see Royce West Law... I mean UNT-DALLAS law open its doors.

• Upvote 2

Texas A&M filled the need for a public law school in DFW by buying Wesleyan Law. Something we had the opportunity to do years ago but made another stunningly bad decision and passed.

UNT Law opens this Fall according to their website: http://lawschool.untsystem.edu/

We shall see, Harry. We shall see.

A law school with no reputation attached to a, what, 3 year old university? That has success written all over it.

UNT was attempting fill a need with a DFW public law school and let A&M steal their thunder by purchasing an established law school that has produced many good attorneys, especially in the criminal law field.

But, hey, we own a building in downtown Dallas, and that's what is important to Dallas Lee...

• Upvote 2

We are burying the lead here... this is exactly what so many have been clamoring for for so many years! the school and the city collaborating should be making this board jump for joy, not bitch about the law school or lack there of.

We all know that it is going to take more than one year of winning and more than one year of this project to achieve what we know the potential of this place to be, but damn it, we have to strike somewhere and finally we have a hot iron!

GMG

• Upvote 3

UNT Law opens this Fall according to their website: http://lawschool.untsystem.edu/

I went to to website and it showed the old Titche's building. I thought the law school was going to be in the old Dallas City Hall building that the city of Dallas donated millions of dollars to renovate. Renovating and using that venerable old building has always been a major appeal of having a law school there, whatever the name. Harry, if you (or anyone) has any information on this, please let us know.

Someone told me once that it was Weselyn that backed out of this deal. Whatever, we should have had both a law and engineering school a long time ago.

UNT-Dallas is accepting applications. It will take a couple years to become fully accredited, but it will be before the first class graduates. A buddy of mine applied there and went there for a conference. He was hesitant to go bc of the official accreditation status so he chose Tech instead.