Signing Ceremony for UNT's Greg White-Pittman

Harry

Holy Cross Hosts Signing Ceremony for Class 5A Player of the Year, Greg White-Pittman, Nephew of NBA Coach Robert Pack

WHO: Greg White-Pittman, Holy Cross Guard, Class 5A Player of the Year and Nephew of
Former 13-year NBA Veteran/Assistant NBA Coach Robert Pack

WHAT: Holy Cross to Host Official Signing Ceremony

WHEN: Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:00 Noon

WHERE: Holy Cross School, Gymnasium, 5500 Paris Ave.

WHY: White-Pittman Commits and Signs with University of North Texas

NBA Coach and 13-year NBA Veteran, Robert Pack said, “I’ve watched Greg mature and develop through hard work and determination for many years. I love that he’s not satisfied and is ready to meet this challenge head on! I’m very proud of him and I look forward to watching his continued growth in a green machine uniform for years to come.”

When White-Pittman takes his talents to Denton this fall, he will wear the number two on his jersey, to motivate him throughout his college career. “Despite all of my athletic honors and scoring a 22 on the ACT, I only received two offers,” said White-Pittman. “I know I have a lot of work to do to advance to the next level. But, I am excited about what the future holds for me at UNT!”

Read more: http://alymediarelations.weebly.com/see-whats-happening-in-the-world-of-aly-media-relations/white-pittman-signing

Has a sort of josh white feeling. These are the recruits we need! Not focusing on the over hyped Dallas area.

Seriously? The same "over-hyped" dallas area that produced our top 4 scorers from last year and top 5 from the year before. Same over-hyped dallas area that we were told Benford was hired in part due to his ability to recruit there.

Same over-hyped dallas area that Benford has focused on but still is yet to land a guard from. And now that he finally lands a high school guard, because he's from from Louisiana (with just 1 other offer from University of New Orleans) we can now call the Dallas area over-hyped.

• Upvote 1

Seriously? The same "over-hyped" dallas area that produced our top 4 scorers from last year and top 5 from the year before. Same over-hyped dallas area that we were told Benford was hired in part due to his ability to recruit there.

Same over-hyped dallas area that Benford has focused on but still is yet to land a guard from. And now that he finally lands a high school guard, because he's from from Louisiana (with just 1 other offer from University of New Orleans) we can now call the Dallas area over-hyped.

I am not saying that great players do not come from Dallas... But just because you play in the DFW area does not mean you have a leg up on other player who comes for a smaller town in Texas or another state. And I thought at least a few people have been calling the Dallas area overhyped for years. Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 2