UNT fares well on NCAA’s APR report again

Harry

The NCAA released its annual Academic Progress Rate report today.

The athletic department fared well on the report for the most part and did well in the major sports. Here are UNT’s four-year scores from the latest report:

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/05/unt-fares-well-on-ncaas-apr-report-again.html/

Congrats to Women's Tennis for their 992 APR rating. They are consistently at/near the top each year, which is amazing to me since they are international players whose first language is not English (we do have a player from Texas this year however). Coach Lama does a great job recruiting scholar-athletes and focusing on academics. An example would be Franziska Sprinkmeyer from Germany who is graduated in three years with a degree in psychology. Luckily, she still has a year of eligibility and will be back to work on her master's.

Women's Swimming also had a 992, followed closely by Softball with a 986.

Keep up the good work ladies!

• Upvote 4

Historically, how has CC done?

I'm not sure what, other than grades, factors into the report, but if memory serves correctly nearly all of the non-revenue sports used to be REALLY high in terms of GPA. I'm talking about mid 90s-mid 00s.