Texas Football: Game-by-Game Predictions 2014

Harry

When: Aug. 30, 2014

When: Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas

The Longhorns' first game of 2014 could very well be the easiest of the season. North Texas is coming off of a successful nine-win season but will be without 13 starters—six of offense and seven on defense—from the 2013 team.

The Mean Green had a strong defensive unit last season, which ranked No. 8 in scoring defense, No. 14 in rushing defense, No. 17 in total defense and tied for No. 7 in total sacks. The team will be without its entire starting defensive line from the 2013 squad, which is not an easy position to replace.

Texas should not have a problem kicking off the season with a win over North Texas.

Way-too-early projected record after North Texas: 1-0

read more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2054929-texas-football-game-by-game-predictions-for-2014-season/page/2

Every single person outside of Mean Green Nation will pick the Longhorns to cruise to a victory in their home opener. We got a little more than 15 weeks to lift, run, train, practice, get bigger, get faster and really put some Mean in the Green. No one knows what is coming, but I believe with the time, preparation, focus, intensity and desire that Coach Mac & crew will go into Austin with the best possible chance for victory.

I ain't scared of no cows.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think the key is whether Charlie gets his guys toughened up quickly. If he does, the game will be much harder. If not, I think there's a decent chance the Green comes out on top.

When: Aug. 30, 2014

When: Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas

The Longhorns' first game of 2014 could very well be the easiest of the season. North Texas is coming off of a successful nine-win season but will be without 13 starters—six of offense and seven on defense—from the 2013 team.

The Mean Green had a strong defensive unit last season, which ranked No. 8 in scoring defense, No. 14 in rushing defense, No. 17 in total defense and tied for No. 7 in total sacks. The team will be without its entire starting defensive line from the 2013 squad, which is not an easy position to replace.

Texas should not have a problem kicking off the season with a win over North Texas.

Way-too-early projected record after North Texas: 1-0

read more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2054929-texas-football-game-by-game-predictions-for-2014-season/page/2

I want stuff like this to be printed off in every single publication in this state all the way up until game time...take us lightly, pampered, soft Longhorns. You guys are the best of the best, I mean that's why you were so highly rated out of high school by all these Texas fans, err, I mean journalists, that just happen to make tons of cash of your idiot T-shirt fans that never dreamed of getting accepted by "their" university. Yall are gonna kill us, we could never compete with all of your resources and great tradition, and most of all, You're Texas...little ol' North Texas State is just a simple tuneup for BYU and UCLA, no more than what New Mexico State was last year. Don't worry about the fact that you couldn't stop the run to save your life last year and that UNT's system is all about running the football down your throat...yall got this!!

• Upvote 2

More to the point, will there be B-12 referees for this game?

Absolutely, but given the fact it is a nationally televised game I wouldn't anticipate that they would favor them too much. When you play these paycheck games the team paying you typically gets their referees.

Hate to say it but there was a lot of logic in that blurb.

Here's to saying screw logic!!!

#HIT1WEEK1

• Upvote 1