MGB: UNT lands first commitment Rodney Bendy

6-4 4.5 forty wow sounds like a great pickup!

He's got all the tools, he just has not produced much up to this point. Only had 368 yards last year as a junior, but I think he's going to have a big senior year. If he had more production he would have a lot more offers.

I've really liked this offer since it came out, looking into this kid. Of our outside receiver offers who we realistically had a shot at, he was right up at the top for me, in my inexpert opinion. Very happy about the potential of this pickup.

Love that he's a basketball player. Those kids know how to use their body to not only shield defenders but also to go up and grab the ball like a rebound.

Yup. And to add to your and Emmitt's points, those are the type of guys you take your chances with in man coverage on the outside. As much under-center offense as we run, and play-action as we run, these tall outside receivers are what we need.

You don't have as much time to get open as a receiver when your team is throwing from under center vs. shotgun. Thus, you need guys who don't need as much to get open. I.E. guys who are taller than the defender they are matched up against and guys who can "outrebound" their opponent and make a tough, physical catch in tight coverage.