NT/UT Game Challenge

I have a challenge for you all.

You've probably seen the Keep Austin Weird shirts:

keep-austin-wierd.jpg

You've probably also seen the Keep Denton Beard shirts:

photo.jpg

As a showing of solidarity and focus on beating UT on August 30th, I challenge you to put down that razor and let those beards grow until game day. I mean really, who has time for shaving when our focus should be preparing for the kickoff to the 2014 season. I propose we get our beards started no later than May 30th. 3 months of growth should look pretty dang good. When people ask you about your change in facial follicles, use the opportunity to spread the word of your support for the Mean Green.

Tell your friends, alert the media, spread the word... Let's win the challenge of Beard vs. Weird.

Note: Ladies, please show your support by pushing the men in your life to participate in this challenge. Don't change your own grooming habits...really not needed.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

As a proud graduate of UNT's Emergency Management program, I can point out the most important reason why this is a bad idea.

Having a beard will leave you unable to get a good seal on your gas mask/APR during a chemical weapons attack, and you will quickly turn into a dead victim with a beard.

Being clean shaven is much manlier, since beards are just weakness for your enemy to exploit.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

As a proud graduate of UNT's Emergency Management program, I can point out the most important reason why this is a bad idea.

Having a beard will leave you unable to get a good seal on your gas mask/APR during a chemical weapons attack, and you will quickly turn into a dead victim with a beard.

Being clean shaven is much manlier, since beards are just weakness for your enemy to exploit.

Should I also keep my head shaven, so my tin foil hat has a snug fit?

• Upvote 3

No need, this Israelis have masks that work with a beard.

Don't let Israel pass us by!

• Upvote 3

I don't know; kind of too much a takeoff off their own mantra. "Jazzed about Denton"?

Naw.

"Keep Denton Beard (or Beer'd)" has been around for a while and folks absolutely love it.

Whatever. My seven inches of face-awesome is already prolonging my life anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As someone who has pursued a career in the law, I am clean shaven. However, what you just said is extra incentive to shave every morning.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...