UNT Pro Day times, notes and thoughts (video up!)

Harry

I went by UNT’s Pro Day this morning and picked up a host of information and even some video.

There were 20 scouts in attendance in one of the bigger turnouts in recent years. There were a lot of familiar faces in terms of scouts, former players and coaches on hand. Former UNT players Lance Dunbar and Craig Robertson were there.

Former UNT player, assistant coach, recruiting coordinator and all-around good guy Bruce Bell was on hand.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/04/unt-pro-day-times-notes-and-thoughts-video-coming.html/

Though we've been debating the merits of the bench press elsewhere (especially in light of the Wintrich philosophy), I find it interesting that Derek Thompson didn't bench at all.

Is that a normal test for a QB prospect to forgo?

Yes: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/8/sort/vertical/order/true

Interesting about Derek's results:

-His 40 equaled Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

-His vertical was better than all but four of the NFL combine QB invitees, including Johnny Manziel.

So, we know Derek is as fast as Boyd and can outjump Manziel...and, some think he was the least "athletic" QB on the roster last year.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/8/sort/vertical/order/true

Interesting about Derek's results:

-His 40 equaled Clemson's Tajh Boyd.

-His vertical was better than all but four of the NFL combine QB invitees, including Johnny Manziel.

So, we know Derek is as fast as Boyd and can outjump Manziel...and, some think he was the least "athletic" QB on the roster last year.

He wasn't football fast. And I love me some DT, but he simply couldn't change direction at top speed.

The best example of this was Riley Dodge. He wasn't straight line, run the 40 fast, but the dude could change direction at nearly top speed. He could cut without slowing down.

I love DT, but he isn't more athletic of football faster than Taj Boyd. I hope he gets a shot in someone's camp, though. Smart football player.

• Upvote 2

He wasn't football fast. And I love me some DT, but he simply couldn't change direction at top speed.

The best example of this was Riley Dodge. He wasn't straight line, run the 40 fast, but the dude could change direction at nearly top speed. He could cut without slowing down.

I love DT, but he isn't more athletic of football faster than Taj Boyd. I hope he gets a shot in someone's camp, though. Smart football player.

100% correct.