Rich Phillips and Sean Bass: September 6

UNT90

Can Rich win non-homer call of the week by excitedly announcing the Mean Green winning score before catching himself and changing to a more somber tone?

Will the camera accidently catch C-Bass jumping for joy on the sideline as Erick Evans takes one 60 yards to the house?

A very intersting dynamic at work here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sean Bass is an ambassador for NT athletics. Not to the level that Jub is (no one is) but if there's anything slightly noteworthy going on with NT athletics, Bass noticeably goes out of his way to bring attention to it.

No doubt, which is why September 6 will be interesting.

EDIT: For those that don't know, Rich Phillips does play by play and Sean Bass does sideline reporting for SMU football games.

Edited by UNT90

EDIT: For those that don't know, Rich Phillips does play by play and Sean Bass does sideline reporting for SMU football games.

He actually replied to a gmg tweet yesterday...

"@sbass1310 @gomeangreen I haven't done Sidelines for SMU since 2011"

(sorry for my 1st century attempt at posting a tweet. I've already forgotten how to do it correctly)

Edited by jdennis82

(sorry for my 1st century attempt at posting a tweet. I've already forgotten how to do it correctly)

Really? Shows you what I know about SMU football broadcasts. I shoulda checked with Emmitt first ;-).

Is he in the booth now or not involved at all?

• Upvote 1

@gomeangreen I haven't done Sidelines for SMU since 2011

— Sean Bass (@sbass1310)

March 30, 2014

Really? Shows you what I know about SMU football broadcasts. I shoulda checked with Emmitt first ;-).

Is he in the booth now or not involved at all?

Not involved with SMU at all anymore. Just Shake Joint, Diamond Talk, and 10-3 Tickers I believe

Not involved with SMU at all anymore. Just Shake Joint, Diamond Talk, and 10-3 Tickers I believe

Tried to look it up on line but couldn't find anything, thanks.

Can't believe he hasn't been on the sideline since 2011. I'm getting old.