Mid Spring UNT QB Poll: Who will start @UT?

Harry

They are looking for someone who can pick the system up. learning the system is the most important thing to this staff. Seem like they are not going to create a system that fits the talent.

That being said, I think Greer is going to pick up the system before dajon and get a chance to run it. Once he is in there, he will keep the job.

I would have felt the same way if dajon learned the system first and got the first crack at it too.

Either one is going to look good once they learn the system and will be able to do more with it.

The coaches will be pleased that someone has picked it up and they will be ready to move on.

On the field mistakes may not even matter if you show you can learn and run the offense.

If they aren't changing the offense even just a little for DW then so be it. If DW still hasn't grasped the concepts of this offense then he doesn't deserve to start. What has he been doing the last year? DW is the best option of scoring points, but apparently they want a guy to rah, rah, rah and obey commands like a trained police dog. Then Greer or McNulty is going to be the choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Rah Rah the Police Dog looks pretty darn good to me right now.

I will pick Rah Rah!

Greer lead Navarro JC to the SWJC title, then beat Trinity Valley JC 56-45 in the SWJC Championship game.

Next, Greer lead Navarro to a win over Hind MS JC in the Brazos Valley Bowl.

Josh has experience winning regular season games and conference championship game experience. Big guy at 6-5, 220. Strong arm, accurate,

hard to bring down, can view the filed quickly, very nice touch on the ball.

Certainly learning more of the North Texas offense, and taking team leadership command right now.

OC Mike Canales and WR Mike Grant recruited Josh when he was in high school. Canales and Grant went after Greer at Navarro.

Top QB recruit target for the 2014 class.

Back when Josh committed to UNT, read these postings: www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/92467-josh-greer-talks-about-decision-to-commit-to-unt

Plenty of North Texas fans posting that are very happy Josh signed with North Texas.

HUDL highlights: www.hudl.com/athlete/0/2402169/highlights/69369397 Very impressive!

Regardless of the status of DW, I believe Greer would win the QB battle at the end of spring ball.

If DW is out for spring practice due to injury, DW will get another chance at QB during two-a-days in August.

DW has talent and I am sure the coaches would like to see more work from DW.

Edited by charlie nt73
  • Upvote 1

So far guys I remain worried about DW's physical durability. I know the O-line has improved drastically in QB protection since the Giovanni QB "Deathtrap" seasons. But I'm still holding out on him because he always seems to be well "missing", i.e. physical durability. So, I voted for Greer in the earliest first poll and still give him the edge BUT,,, Chico and Mac really underscore thorough knowledge of the system in their starting QB and that is a plus for Little Mac as of today. Bottom line though, Greer has solid baseline experience and performs well in all of the "QB ability" areas. I think Greer starts.

Edited by cogido
  • Upvote 1

Rah Rah the Police Dog looks pretty darn good to me right now.

I will pick Rah Rah!

Greer lead Navarro JC to the SWJC title, then beat Trinity Valley JC 56-45 in the SWJC Championship game.

Next, Greer lead Navarro to a win over Hind MS JC in the Brazos Valley Bowl.

Josh has experience winning regular season games and conference championship game experience. Big guy at 6-5, 220. Strong arm, accurate,

hard to bring down, can view the filed quickly, very nice touch on the ball.

Certainly learning more of the North Texas offense, and taking team leadership command right now.

OC Mike Canales and WR Mike Grant recruited Josh when he was in high school. Canales and Grant went after Greer at Navarro.

Top QB recruit target for the 2014 class.

Back when Josh committed to UNT, read these postings: www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/92467-josh-greer-talks-about-decision-to-commit-to-unt

Plenty of North Texas fans posting that are very happy Josh signed with North Texas.

HUDL highlights: www.hudl.com/athlete/0/2402169/highlights/69369397 Very impressive!

Regardless of the status of DW, I believe Greer would win the QB battle at the end of spring ball.

If DW is out for spring practice due to injury, DW will get another chance at QB during two-a-days in August.

DW has talent and I am sure the coaches would like to see more work from DW.

You talk like JUCO is the equivelant to FBS football.

Hardly.

Sticking with DW, as he is the most physically gifted at the position.

Edited by UNT90

Does DaJon have a history of injuries, or are we simply projecting this based on one comment in a carefully scripted YouTube video?

I don't think its his history per-se, but I recall coach McCarney bringing up Dajon's build in an interview before, in addition to Chico's comments.

I'm not saying DW is injury prone, or even susceptible to injury. I'm just saying the coaches have made it known they are concerned with his build and the shots he could take.

• Upvote 1

So far guys I remain worried about DW's physical durability. I know the O-line has improved drastically in QB protection since the Giovanni QB "Deathtrap" seasons. But I'm still holding out on him because he always seems to be well "missing", i.e. physical durability. So, I voted for Greer in the earliest first poll and still give him the edge BUT,,, Chico and Mac really underscore thorough knowledge of the system in their starting QB and that is a plus for Little Mac as of today. Bottom line though, Greer has solid baseline experience and performs well in all of the "QB ability" areas. I think Greer starts.

He hasn't missed anything this spring. His only "injuries" were last fall. I have yet to see anything that would make me question his durability.

• Upvote 1

Greer is going to be the 2011 version of DT. This job is DW's to lose. GMG

as of right now, McNulty is the starter, and the main reason stated was he knows the offense. If we read between the lines, he can lose it if dajon or Greer learns the offense, but as of right now, they have not, so McNulty is in the lead.

At the end if the season, I had dajon as the top guy because I assumed while sitting and watching a whole season, he would know the offense. I heard he did not know the offense during the offseason workouts, and it seems like he is still learning. I assume He had a head start on Greer, but it seems as if it may be closing.

I am assuming here, but I think dajon knows the plays and routes. All of them should at this point. Knowing the offense is probably knowing what to read in certain situations and senarios based on personel and the look the defense us giving you. You pretty much have to make the same call and decision chico would make if he were in there.

Greer and dajon have a little over two Weeks to learn this to be named the starter. Making plays, ripping off long runs, great throws, etc will look good to us, but if the coaches dont trust thier knowledge and decision making, it wont matter.

This may go into the offseason and 2 a days.

• Upvote 1