Harry

On the football front, I am starting to wonder if things are lining up for Josh Greer heading into this weekend’s scrimmage after yesterday’s workout.

Greer had a good day in practice and is one of the last three quarterbacks standing along with Dajon Williams and Andrew McNulty.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/03/wednesday-afternoon-notes-thoughts-qb-battle.html/

Greer is a talent upgrade from McNulty and possesses the stability factor of DT. The only issue I see on Greer is that he may or may not be durable... remember he missed most of his time at Navarro due to that collarbone deal. He looks 100% to me now though we won't know for sure until he sees game action.

Why the " God help us " reference? Sounds like a silly response.

The coaching staff is a better judge of talent, so I trust their judgement on who is leading for the starting QB position.

If Greer is the guy, then the job belongs to Greer.

I think Greer is a good QB, and can lead this team.

DW seems more liable for injury than Greer since DW is so thin as described by other posters.

I have read many postings referencing this subject. Not performing during work outs, etc.

I read that DW sprained his ankle yesterday. So where does DW fit in the scheme of things now?

Is the injury severe enough to keep DW out of spring practice?

McNulty is a good QB but is he good enough to push out Greer as the starting QB?

McNultly will get more reps now if DW is out due to injury.

Edited by charlie nt73
  • Upvote 4

The coaching staff is a better judge of talent, so I trust their judgement on who is leading for the starting QB position.

DW seems more liable for injury than Greer since DW is so thin as described by other posters.

I have read many postings referencing this subject. Not performing during work outs, etc.

I read that DW sprained his ankle yesterday. So where does DW fit in the scheme of things now?

McNulty is a good QB but is he good enough to push out Greer as the starting QB?

McNultly will get more reps now if DW is out due to injury.

that is true and I understand your point. They know more than us.

But, I just can't help but think that a second/third string guy who played only special teams has been on an NFL roster the past few years... If he had NFL type talent, then how did we not see that or utilize that more here?!

And, you do find players that think other players should get the nod when they don't. And, it is possible to have your own bias as a coach for who you select and be wrong. They may know more than us, but that doesn't make their argument right or valid. It would be a logical fallacy to use authority as proof of an argument.

Just to give a different perspective...

McNultly will get more reps now if DW is out due to injury

Bergland'ed!

Travis, Todd Dodge sure missed the call on Jamize Olawale didn't he. Seems like Dodge missed

on many key points of college football coaching. I liked Dodge, but he was in over his head here at North Texas.

How many years of college football coaching and recruiting experience does Coach Mac have?

How about OC Mike Canales college coaching experience? How about DC John Skladany?

Coach Mac has sent many players to the NFL, so I would summarize Coach Mac knows college football talent.

Canales and Skladany both have recruited and coached many NFL players . I trust their judgement too.

These professional college football coaches have plenty of authority and experience to rely on, especially judging college

football talent. The staff sure found a gem with CB Kenny Buyers, so why not with Josh Greer?

The best player wins out, regardless if the player is a veteran, freshman, walk on, or JUCO player.

I am no arm chair quarterback, so I rely on the coaches to make the best choices for the North Texas football program.

If the coaches choose Josh Greer as the starting QB, then accept their choice.

Greer will be a good QB for North Texas.

• Upvote 4

Travis, Todd Dodge sure missed the call on Jamize Olawale didn't he. Seems like Dodge missed

on many key points of college football coaching. I liked Dodge, but he was in over his head here at North Texas.

How many years of college football coaching and recruiting experience does Coach Mac have?

How about OC Mike Canales college coaching experience? How about DC John Skladany?

Coach Mac has sent many players to the NFL, so I would summarize Coach Mac knows college football talent.

Canales and Skladany both have recruited and coached many NFL players . I trust their judgement too.

These professional college football coaches have plenty of authority and experience to rely on, especially judging college

football talent. The staff sure found a gem with CB Kenny Buyers, so why not with Josh Greer?

The best player wins out, regardless if the player is a veteran, freshman, walk on, or JUCO player.

I am no arm chair quarterback, so I rely on the coaches to make the best choices for the North Texas football program.

If the coaches choose Josh Greer as the starting QB, then accept their choice.

Greer will be a good QB for North Texas.

. Quit talking logic. These types of threads are what hold us over until the season.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The staff sure found a gem with CB Kenny Buyers, so why not with Josh Greer?

I'll state the obvious.....two different positions. Just because you can really nail a DB assessment, doesn't mean you're any good at assessing QB's.

Or the luckiest. Every time I hear this statement, I'm reminded of the "hit the beach" scene from "Saving Private Ryan". Did the best soldiers make it past the beach.....or did the luckiest?

Mac must have missed it too because he didn't play Olawale much either.

*edit* Oh, I didn't realize that point was already made earlier.

Edited by Travis