MGB: Tuesday afternoon live blog

Brett Vito

I liked this one defensive drill where the players laid on their backs helmet to helmet, one as a football carrier. At the command, they flip, hop up, and duke it out to gain ground. It works the defensive follow through.

----

Also, scrimmages are now full-contact, including QBs. Live. Defensive players are getting reamed for just shouldering and not following-through, namely by Akunne who is in full on leader mode.

• Upvote 3

It seems that folks don't want Greer because he resembles DT. However, there's no reason why he couldn't be similar to DT but much better in the results. I'm fascinated by the athletic ability DW brings but I want the best QB to start.

I agree, and I imagine all but a few here do. Dajon will be a starter at UNT at some point; we'll see if he's ready this year.

• Upvote 1

It seems that folks don't want Greer because he resembles DT. However, there's no reason why he couldn't be similar to DT but much better in the results. I'm fascinated by the athletic ability DW brings but I want the best QB to start.

He is a bit lighter on his feet than DT is though.

• Upvote 1