Euless Trinity D-Tackle Hafoka Olie Update from Vito

Harry

Signing day is long in the books, but there were a couple of key developments on the football recruiting front in last day or so.

If one remembers back to signing day, Dan McCarney said UNT would hang on to a scholarship in case anyone posts a qualifying test score late. I talked to Euless Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver, who confirmed early this afternoon that defensive tackle Hafoka Olie has done just that.

Lineweaver said that there are already a few programs who have jumped into the race to sign Olie, who signed with Tyler Junior College in case he has to go the two-year college route to the FBS level.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/03/tuesday-afternoon-recruiting-notes-and-tidbits.html/

Hopefully HAD is the key word and they filled their class this year

Well they over signed 28, but they announced five players "not returning" just a few weeks ago. In addition, they only signed 21 the year before, so they could "early enroll" up to four of those 28. Then there is the JUCO route.

If I had to guess I would say they probably have an open ship for him if they still want him.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, that wasn't ALL Brett said, but the mention of his possibly walking on seemed like an even further stretch, unless UNT and the other schools are hesitant to use a scholarship on a late qualifier. I definitely want him here, but I want him here for 4 years and graduating. Unless he enters the NFL draft after his junior year.