'15 LB Chris Orr DeSoto

Good for Chris Orr. He's from a family that we respect a lot and if there's where he wants to be then I wish him the best.

But, I will say that I'm glad that his brother Zach came our way. He will be in the NT Hall of Fame in about five years and we will revere him for our lifetime. I seriously doubt that either Chris or Nick will reach that level of endearment at their respective universities.

We will be fine. There are other good linebackers out there and I expect commitments from two or three of them. Still, it's disappointing that there will be no Orr brothers in our football Hall of Fame.

• 5 months later...

His HS head coach was hired as the running backs coach at SMU.

Yeah but the way his dad talked about SMU made it sound like it wasn't really their type of school. He could have just been trying to appease us as tailgating North Texas fans, but I guess we'll see. I honestly predict he sticks to his Wisconsin commitment, it is still a Big 10 school with high exposure.

I don't see Chris decommitting from Wisconsin.

I just hope for Chris's sake that Wisconsin doesn't pull his offer. I know he has plenty of other options, but he really likes Wisconsin the school, not the coach.

Academics matter to the Orr family. It only takes one discussion with Mrs. Orr to understand this.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

If Chris were to decommit from Wisconsin, would he ever consider coming to UNT?

probably not... he witnessed first hand how hard his brother worked and how fickle the fans were in support. i wouldn't come here and have all that legacy pressure from a fan base that isn't willing to show up on saturdays. Go to wisconsin Chris and get a great degree from one of the better public universities in the country; it makes too much sense!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I really don't understand all this interest in Chris Orr...

If I recall correctly, you said the same thing about Nick Orr.

All he did was play as a true freshman for a team that should be playing for the national title. Even had an interception.

I'll trust the Wisconsin coaching staff on this one.

Edited by UNT90

If I recall correctly, you said the same thing about Nick Orr.

All he did was play as a true freshman for a team that should be playing for the national title. Even had an interception.

I was surprised to see Nick Orr getting playing time as a true freshman. Also desmon white has been getting in some situational playing time. I'm sure he doesn't know the whole offense, but TCU has found a way to get these youngsters some reps.

Looking at our team, how does goree not get some reps...

• Upvote 1