Poll: Will Benford be fired?

UNTeagle88

The more I look at things objectively, RV really should be on the hot seat. And that's being favorable to him.

Between Benford, Peterson, and even football with the way he has handled OOC scheduling. By bringing Benford back and allowing him to handle this next signing class of 7 spots, RV should be tying himself to Benford and the men's program. If Benford messes up this signing class, with the last couple JJ signees leaving after next year, the program will be completely on RV and Benny. If that ends in disaster they should both be fired. I'm terrified at the idea of RV hiring our first manager for baseball.

But RV opened up space for tailgating before games so he is the smartest AD we have ever had...(sarcasm inserted)

Again, RV looks great compared to what we had before because he literally jumped over a curb-sized hurdle to make things better here from where they were. Seriously, looking at RV compared to Helwig is comparing a Ford Focus to a bicycle. Is the car faster than the bike? Of course, but we have people here who want us to believe that RV is a BMW...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If you don't have a binder and have some experience, don't bother applying.

I do have a binder and I've never even coached Little League!

I hope you guys will be nice to me when I am the new Women's Equestrian coach.

Does anyone know how score is even kept in this game? Is there an NCAA Equestrian for Dummies series?

I do have a binder and I've never even coached Little League!

I hope you guys will be nice to me when I am the new Women's Equestrian coach.

Does anyone know how score is even kept in this game? Is there an NCAA Equestrian for Dummies series?

Why do you care how it's scored? Get a job at UNT and they'll let you learn on the job for 3 years at least.

Seriously, looking at RV compared to Helwig is comparing a Ford Focus to a bicycle. Is the car faster than the bike? Of course, but we have people here who want us to believe that RV is a BMW...

A Ford Focus is a fantastic vehicle. It's a real chick magnet!!

• 2 years later...
27 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

he is not going anywhere until after the season is over.  If Wren has not done my now it won't happen , if it does happen, until the season is over.  I guess wren needs to take some more notes at the game and evaluate his findings.  

I know he isn't getting fired. You are right, if it was going to happen, it would have happened already. Still, I wonder why it didn't happen.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, outoftown said:

I know he isn't getting fired. You are right, if it was going to happen, it would have happened already. Still, I wonder why it didn't happen.

Pictures...French maid, German Shepherd, etc.

My theory is that it involved giving TB a shot, doing a critical evaluation through "basketball eyes/ears", availability of the target replacement, and other timing factors. They will let the season/contract run and notify TB (if they haven't already) that the contract will not be renewed/extended. JMHO.

• Downvote 1

Unbelievably, at this point Benford will never actually be "fired". He's obviously going to finish out the season, and complete his contract. 

So, he's never getting fired. He's just not getting retained. 

Two ADs, zero winning seasons, and somehow the guy never gets fired. 

#NewDenton

15 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

It didn't take him an entire year to decide to extend Hedlund...

And it will not have taken a year to decide to let Benford walk. Maybe I am just confused, but I thought that the soccer season is over and Hedlund would have been evaluated after the season.

There was quite a bit of gnashing of teeth about RV lying, so I thought it would be refreshing to see an AD that actually did what he said he would do.

9 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Unbelievably, at this point Benford will never actually be "fired". He's obviously going to finish out the season, and complete his contract. 

#NewDenton

#NewDenton sure has the feel of #NormalDenton at the moment...

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

#NewDenton

Not being extended is just as bad as being fired, in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

It didn't take him an entire year to decide to extend Hedlund...

WB never said anything about Hedlund like what he said about Benford though. I'll bet the decision to extend him came after the season was over.

• Downvote 3