Mac's contract: among highest in C-USA (ESPN)

Dr. Seuss

McCarney's new deal will make him among the highest-paid coaches in Conference USA, a source said. McCarney made $545,300 last season, which ranked among the bottom half of C-USA coaches.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10546379/north-texas-gives-dan-mccarney-new-five-year-deal

Music to my ears!!!

Thank god! It would be great if he is the highest paid!

I hope they figured out the assistant coach pay as well.

I almost said, "If we had ECU's numbers..." but their stadium is bigger and they're not in CUSA after this semester. But still...if we can pack Apogee for every home game, there will be a nice extra chunk of change to shift to salaries...not just Mac's, but also for a counteroffer if any assistants get offers to go elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

I almost said, "If we had ECU's numbers..." but their stadium is bigger and they're not in CUSA after this semester. But still...if we can pack Apogee for every home game, there will be a nice extra chunk of change to shift to salaries...not just Mac's, but also for a counteroffer if any assistants get offers to go elsewhere.

Conference USA has much higher football revenue stream I understand than we had in the belt between TV and bowls.

Conference USA has much higher football revenue stream I understand than we had in the belt between TV and bowls.

Yes, we're netting probably at least $2M a year more just from that. But if we had about 6K more tickets sold at each of 6 games, that's about an extra million bucks right there. I'm sure we've already found ways to use that extra revenue from the move-up, so this would bump us up even more...

• Upvote 1

I am so glad McCarney has us at least pointed in the right direction.

"We want to keep this great momentum going, this positive momentum that we've got," McCarney said. "So that we're not just a flash in the pan, win nine, got your bowl victory, got your bowl championship and then go on back down where you've been for many, many years getting your tail kicked all the time. We'd like to be a factor in the race every year, and we'd like to be a program that people appreciate and respect all the time."

• Upvote 1

"Along with his new deal, McCarney got pay raises for his assistant coaches. His top two assistants -- offensive coach Mike Canales and defensive coordinator John Skladany -- are getting new two-year contracts, through the 2015 season."

Nice find 2014! +1