Updated info on Mac's contract extension from Vito

Harry

We have been saying this for weeks, but it is worth reiterating that UNT and Dan McCarney are about done with a contract extension for the Mean Green’s head coach.

The deal that has been agreed to in principle would be a new four-year deal with a vesting option for a fifth year based on a milestone for wins in a season. I was told that bench mark for the extension to kick out to five years is very attainable, but was not given the exact figure on the record.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/02/tuesday-afternoon-notes-mac-contract-update-assistants-update.html/

Basically, add a year to the two existing and make the last two performance based, year by year.

Would you sign that contract? I wouldn't. There are so many things that are outside your control that can hijack a season. A couple key injuries and a season could turn south.

Do you think that it would help in recruiting? Seems like a bad year means the coach that you decided you want to play for is gone.

• Upvote 2

We should pay him and the rest of the athletics staff with credit hours and cafeteria scrip. 4 year commitment from them, but we can bail out on the deal any time. And if they don't like it, then they hate America.

Coach McCarney would love Panini Wednesdays at Maple. If that's still happening, we may be paying a little high.

• Upvote 2

Paninis everyday! Vegan paninis! Their vegan cafeteria is actually kind of good. Did I just lose my man card?

VEGAN!?! :scared: Nah son, I'm talking Ham & Swiss with that garlic mayo pressed to striped perfection.

So if Maple is now Vegan, that must mean that Clark is now serving somewhat healthy food? When I was at Clark, they dished up the greasiest food on campus. You walked in that cafeteria and it smelled like Long John Silvers.

• Upvote 1

VEGAN!?! :scared: Nah son, I'm talking Ham & Swiss with that garlic mayo pressed to striped perfection.

So if Maple is now Vegan, that must mean that Clark is now serving somewhat healthy food? When I was at Clark, they dished up the greasiest food on campus. You walked in that cafeteria and it smelled like Long John Silvers.

Actually, "Mean Greens", the vegan cafeteria at Maple is really damn good. Really. You can walk out of there stuffed and not feel like you had to eat three times as much to feel full because it vegan. Thems vegan quesadillas is tasty, son. West Hall is now southern food, Bruce has homemade pasta and stuff. Kerr isn't a total hell hole anymore. Dining services is just finishing the total overhaul of the Bruceteria and have significantly upgraded every dining hall on campus.

Here's todays menu for Mean Green BTW....

http://diningmenus.unt.edu/nutframe.asp?sName=UNT+Food+Department&locationNum=10&locationName=Mean+Greens&naFlag=1

Edited by TheWestie

Yeah, Maple is Vegan as of two years ago. Kerr is the greasiest, Victory is the heartiest food (keep those athletes' stomachs full), and Bruce is just the all-around best IMO, but not super greasy. They redid Bruce a couple years ago as well.

Yeah, Maple is Vegan as of two years ago. Kerr is the greasiest, Victory is the heartiest food (keep those athletes' stomachs full), and Bruce is just the all-around best IMO, but not super greasy. They redid Bruce a couple years ago as well.

Bruce was definitely the best cafeteria while I was on campus back in the early '00s. West used to dish up some tasty stir fry. That was really the only reason to ever trek over there.

Ah, so nothing has really changed.

Are the pizza slices still the rectangle ones we used to get in elementary school? C'mon y'all. You know pizza day was the best day.

p3.jpg

yup. pizza squares + whole milk chocolate + doritos = michelle obama's worst nightmare/ my favorite middle school lunch.

North Texans are spoiled. Our "worst" cafeteria food is what other people tell me was the standard at their college cafeterias. UNT Dining Services won or placed in the Top 5 in national awards just about every year since at least the mid-1990s. If there's one extra little thing to give us the edge when students, be they athletes or otherwise, are trying to make a final decision...don't underestimate the power of food when it comes to young (or sometimes any) people who will be away from home. I still think if a student we hope to bring in based on academics, athletics, whatever is considering another school, we should get them to eat on campus a few times and then make them think about the food elsewhere. There are some other schools with decent food but a lot of them just can't compete.

Not everybody ends up with a meal plan depending on how their housing situation works out, but food at UNT is pretty impressive when compared to the rest of the nation and just might be that final influence to get over the hump when pulling in students for whom we are competing with other schools and who intend to live on campus.

Oh, and good news about Mac's contract, too!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kerr is a grease trap of poorly cooked food and cold hamburgers ran and staffed by convicts who willingly pick their nose while serving you their food. (Many are ACTUAL felons.)

Clark is closed.

Mean Greens is proud of their PETA designation. (??)

West is good if you read the menu beforehand, great southern cooking.

Bruce is hit or miss, but usually pretty good (now), as it was absolutely miserable until they expanded it. Felt like eating at a soup kitchen.

I don't see how they won a competition when cafeterias like Kerr exist.

Nobody picks us because of our food choices. I can eat at real restaurants and chains at other schools with meal plans. Not at NT.

But as far as cafeterias go, we're hit and miss like most schools. Kerr needs to be scrapped and redone from the ground up. Some days you can't even breathe because the grill area is so filled with smoke. That wouldn't happen if they'd teach these people to clean the stove and ovens. I usually go to Bruce or, unfortunately, Kerr.

Edited by meangreener