Reuters: Russia, Syria, and Iran say U.S. attack on Syria air base crosses 'red lines'

A joint command center made up of the forces of Russia, Iran and militias supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Sunday said the U.S. strike on a Syrian air base on Friday crossed "red lines" and it would respond to any new aggression and increase its support for its ally.

---

"What America waged in an aggression on Syria is a crossing of red lines. From now on we will respond with force to any aggressor or any breach of red lines from whoever it is and America knows our ability to respond well," said the statement published by the group on media outlet Ilam al Harbi (War Media).

I think what they did with the syria bombing was the right thing to do, but dammit I do not want to keep fighting and paying for these overseas wars.   It's like these other countries like Brits, Japan, France etc give their approval so long as they aren't involved and don't have to pay for it.  When will they pay their fair share?

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think what they did with the syria bombing was the right thing to do, but dammit I do not want to keep fighting and paying for these overseas wars.   It's like these other countries like Brits, Japan, France etc give their approval so long as they aren't involved and don't have to pay for it.  When will they pay their fair share?

If we are the ones that insist on taking the lead, why would they argue?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

That comes across as unfortunate as it basically says Russia is approving of Syria's use of chemical weapons against its own citizens.

But Syria doesn't have chemical weapons any more. 'Sarcasm'

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Agree.  But maybe after several years of passivity proves what happens when sores like this are allowed to fester that others will now be more encouraged to also put their foot down?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• 3 months later...

Newsweek: New State of ‘Little Russia’ Declared in Ukraine as Russian-Backed Rebels Plot to Take Over the Whole Country

Russian-backed rebels sought to make their efforts to take control of Ukraine official Tuesday, proclaiming a new state called Malorossiya, or “Little Russia.” They said the plan was not only for the new state to include areas they already control in East Ukraine, but to eventually expand to the whole country.