Who will be the UNT starting QB against UT? (POLL)

Harry

MiniMac has consistently turned the ball over in his limited game experience or just handed off. So I guess that is consistency,.

you cant say he hasn't really played virtually at all and then say he is turnover prone... well, you can but it just sounds a little biased. i've not seen turnover prone from McNulty, because i haven't really seen passing from him. he is a runner and a good one at that! remember that he does have the first NT TD ever scored in Apogee!

rant over.

• Upvote 1

Little Mac.

He was my choice coming out of the 2013 spring practice....just slightly ahead of Thompson.

This is the second endorsement of McNulty from the parent of a defensive starter off last years team. In one of the home games last fall, we had the parents of another defensive starter sitting in front of us (and yes, they had to listen to my rantings). When DT came out with an injury they sent in #5.... to the noticeable distress of some fans in our area (I wasn't one of them). The parent turned around and smiled and said "not to worry....this kids got game". And considering that his son was the focus of many comments from TV broadcasters about him "having game", I saw that as a pretty good endorsement......not only of #5, but my assessment skills as well......... B)

Emmitt's assessment of what Coach Mac wants in a QB is pretty right on. If I had to give any of the "other" candidates some advice for spring practice it would be "learn to be a bus driver before you try to show of any NASCAR driving skills that you think you have". That was Burglands biggest mistake.

I think someone named Soza would be a great example of what I am talking about.

• Upvote 1

Someone who pick Josh Greer tell me why? I do not know much about him. Why him above MC and DW?

First and foremost he was recruited and signed by Mike Canales. Our illustrious OC has seen plenty in his film studies from high school and beyond to warrant giving him a scholarship or he wouldn't have bothered.

He broke his collarbone during the season at Navarro and only played in six games. Yet, in those six games he threw the ball 149 times with a 63% completion record and only ONE interception. Included in that was a post-recovery bowl game which he started and his team won.

Lastly, he is the tallest at 6-5 and can see the field while in the pocket. He has the size, the arm strength and the accuracy to be a FBS quarterback.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 6

I think everyone equates MiniMac's first start against a salty Tulsa team on the road to how good he can plan. He - and the entire team - struggled on that particular day no doubt. But he was a true freshman so it's hard to pin a guys career on that one particular outing. Since then he redshirted an entire year and saw spot duty very rarely passing the ball and just trying to keep us out of trouble till DT could get back on the field. He has continuously remained at the top of the offseason workout charts. He has been taking and passing the Chico exams so he will likely be in the lead in that category as well. I think the kid has earned every bit of his scholarship here and will be right in the middle of the battle for the starting spot against UT.

Gees, I wished the coaches had never posted that stupid workout chart. It's mildly interesting but no baring on who will be under center in the fall.

Bingo.

"Man what a throw, this kid is going to be great for us" "did you see this workout chart?"

"What? No I did not. Aw @$&! He's on the bench then"

• Upvote 1