Gosselin: NFL Combine should have included Chancellor

eulessismore

The NFL is littered with guys who didn't get combine invites, so we know this won't define their draft chances or professional aspirations.

This senior class broke many negative program trends in 2013...I'm won't be surprised when they dominate their pro day and end the current streak 9 year streak of NFL draft goose eggs. (Texas State ('06) & Tarleton State ('13) have more recent draftees).

Edited by jdennis82
  • Upvote 1

The NFL is littered with guys who didn't get combine invites, so we know this won't define their draft chances or professional aspirations.

This senior class broke many negative program trends in 2013...I'm won't be surprised when they dominate their pro day and end the current streak 9 year streak of NFL draft goose eggs. (Texas State ('06) & Tarleton State ('13) have more recent draftees.

Brelan and Marcus both have a chance of getting drafted. Marcus tore it up at the All-Star game. Orr deserves to, he's talented, quiet and a hell of a worker...he'll probably go UDFA.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

In all honesty they all will likely go undrafted, but will all make a roster. Trice and Orr will be starting on some teams special teams coverage unit. Brelan will get a call from lots of teams to join as an undrafted free agent. Had not all the big JR WRs come out in this class he might have had a better shot.

I do think our draft drought comes to and end next year.

In all honesty they all will likely go undrafted, but will all make a roster. Trice and Orr will be starting on some teams special teams coverage unit. Brelan will get a call from lots of teams to join as an undrafted free agent. Had not all the big JR WRs come out in this class he might have had a better shot.

Have someone in particular in mind?

I think Trice's huge all star game performance gets him a 6th or 7th round pick. He was the star.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Trice's huge all star game performance gets him a 6th or 7th round pick. He was the star.

Trice is fighting his size which is probably 5'7 and his speed. He needs to run a sub 4.5 to get a serious look at being drafted. As a GM it would be hard to justify drafting a special teams player in the 6th or 7th when I can sign him as a free agent

• Upvote 2

Part of what we all enjoy about our program is the fact that we attract "the underdog" who may have missed out on opportunities at bigger programs because the measurables don't quite fit the ideal profile.

In early February, it's something we trumpet. After signing day, it's something that can become a bit frustrating.

Get your autographed photo of Brelan Chancellor now before the draft! Check out the autographed photo of Brelan's magical punt return against Rice ( you can check out autographed HOD bowl photos of Derrick Thompson as well) in the GMG.com Basketball game thread and in the gallery.

These photos will be up in our silent auction on game day, March 22nd. But, if you can't make the game and want a shot at these photos, just PM me.

• Upvote 1