Can anyone verify what time Johnny is on TV?

Harry

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be in Colorado and probably would had clicked on the TV an hour late. Probably just stay up for that one.

That's what I'm thinking. Stay up late Saturday night to catch it and just sleep in. And unless you have a specific obligation with your church, I think you could get a pass to sleep in when it involves Johnny. Of all of the men in the public eye, he's one of the few who deserves the recognition. My boys barely have a clue what any of it is about, but I show them pictures and tell them about him and they get all excited.

We have a unique opportunity in Johnny to have a legitimate role model who is not only successful but is also a good man for our kids to look up to. If it was almost anyone else it wouldn't be such a big deal, but with someone from North Texas who also has the content of character and strength of conviction that Johnny has...his success can actually translate, in a literal sense, to something transcendent in that it's that which young people can aspire to be on pretty much any level.

I feel like that's why the Olympics are supposed to be so special anyway, but Johnny's overall story over the last 12 years or so makes it so much more important for him to win. I certainly don't want to pigeonhole my boys into a specific sport or career, but the quality of person he exemplifies is what I hope they see. I think I'm enough of a man to accept my own shortcomings, and I must say I would like to see them learn from his rare breed of character at least as much as they learn what they can from me.

I'm not sure how many of you would agree with this, but it seems to me that we are in short supply of men of good character in today's media-driven world. If I can offer my sons just one to emulate then that is a far better option than the majority of what we tend to see and hear about. I'm sorry if I seem too passionate about this, but I've been failed by so many people in my life, and especially those who should have provided me with direction, that it has become a pretty big focus as of late. Generally speaking, kids deserve better examples than what they've been given. And Johnny really does appear to be that better example. There's only so much you can do as a parent, but when your kids look beyond your influence for inspirations and aspirations, it's good to have someone they can focus on.

Well, I've gone a bit off-topic, so...good night.