Mesquite's Memorial Stadium

Cooley

Didn't know where to put this so please move it or even delete it if you like

Anyway, my favorite HS venue will be getting a facelift. Many talk about Allen's Stadium and it is nice. I prefer Mesquite's Memorial Stadium any weekend. Hopefully, once completed, the central part of the Dallas area will get more high profile HS playoff games.

http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/2526-from-old-battleship-to-the-best

Anyway, my favorite HS venue will be getting a facelift. Many talk about Allen's Stadium and it is nice. I prefer Mesquite's Memorial Stadium any weekend. Hopefully, once completed, the central part of the Dallas area will get more high profile HS playoff games.

http://www.ionmesquite.com/index.php/newsx-2/2526-from-old-battleship-to-the-best

I don't remember anything about this stadium except for a gigantic radio tower or something about 50yds from the field. I think it's the tower we use to try and communicate with aliens.

• Upvote 1

I don't remember anything about this stadium except for a gigantic radio tower or something about 50yds from the field. I think it's the tower we use to try and communicate with aliens.

That is the radio tower from 88.5 KEOM. Great cheesy 70s music.

I think the one with a radio tower is north mesquite's stadium.

All of MISD shares all of their stadiums between all the high schools.

Some good memories at that stadium. NMHS class of '86.

I LOVED Mesquite Memorial. Some of my best days standing on the sideline hoping to get a few mnutes of garbage time came there. I always felt the concourse was too cramped, and the aisle between the lower and upper decks too narrow, but a great staduim. MISD has two stadiums, Hanby, which went a facelift a few years ago, is on the campus of mesquite high, although all of the MISD schools shared it. Memorial is on the campus or West Mesquite and also hosts all MISD teams. The fountain was known to turn blue the week of Mesquite/North Mesquite on a few occassions, and we beat the skeeters when they were overranked at #5 in the nation back in '94. We beat Plano East and Rice Consolidated in December '95 on our wat to quarters.

NMHS Class of '96

PS - any of you alums been to NMHS since they remodeled it?

Farrington Field holds 18,500? Holy molly. That place was a dump when I went to WHHS between '93 and '97. I'm sure it hasn't improved very much since I graduated. It puts Fouts Field to shame and FF was built in 1939.

Farrington Field holds 18,500? Holy molly. That place was a dump when I went to WHHS between '93 and '97. I'm sure it hasn't improved very much since I graduated. It puts Fouts Field to shame and FF was built in 1939.

Yes, Farrington in Forth Worth and Fouts share many of the same construction design and look. Even the Press Boxes looked the same for a while.

Man I was thinking the same thing, cant believe it holds that many folks. They put a little lipstick on it a few years ago, but it still has that old school, concrete WPA vibe, and I love it.

Since we are talking HS venues, on a side note for the FW denizens, next year while TCU gets new B Ball digs, the froggies will be playing at Wilkerson-Grines.

I played many games there over my years in Mesquite. Some great memories come to mind... Glad it is getting a much needed facelift. GO STALLIONS!

Williams Stadium when there were stands in the end zone and North Garland would smack around south garland!!! :thumbsu:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Man I have always felt bad for you guys (North and South), and all of the other GISD schools for that matter. We were the only school in that district who had a real home stadium where our locker rooms and fieldhouse were located and practices were held. Then again, we were also the only school in the district with the state championships so I guess it kinda makes sense. Williams Stadium might not be as fancy as some in the area but they did recently install a new vidja board and it will always be the HS stadium of choice for this particular Garland Owl

Edited by UNTP1

Man I have always felt bad for you guys (North and South), and all of the other GISD schools for that matter. We were the only school in that district who had a real home stadium where our locker rooms and fieldhouse were located and practices were held. Then again, we were also the only school in the district with the state championships so I guess it kinda makes sense. Williams Stadium might not be as fancy as some in the area but they did recently install a new vidja board and it will always be the HS stadium of choice for this particular Garland Owl

It also helped that y'all are by far the oldest school in the city and that's the only reason y'all had your own stadium. Williams sucked and I hated every time I had to go there.

Man I was thinking the same thing, cant believe it holds that many folks. They put a little lipstick on it a few years ago, but it still has that old school, concrete WPA vibe, and I love it.

Since we are talking HS venues, on a side note for the FW denizens, next year while TCU gets new B Ball digs, the froggies will be playing at Wilkerson-Grines.

Are they completing tearing down the old TCU bball barn or just remodeling it?