Ticket just did too 5 worst sports hires in metroplex history

UNT90

Methinks 90 pulling our legs. Mehopes. Jar Jar hopes it so.

Niope

Vic Trilli checked in at #5, with a discussion of the 74 point loss to Maryland discussed (apperantly Rich Philkips issued the line "damn, I had Maryland minus 75")

Todd Dodge checked in at #3 with the discussion that his coaching record was the 6th worst winning percentage in NCAA history.

George was just so beat down.

For those that care, #2 was the imfamous one game wonder Eddie Stankty.

The top prize went to announcer turned head Mavs coach Quinn Buckner, who holds the worst record of any rookie NBA coach that completed at least one season.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Niope

Vic Trilli checked in at #5, with a discussion of the 74 point loss to Maryland discussed (apperantly Rich Philkips issued the line "damn, I had Maryland minus 75")

Todd Dodge checked in at #3 with the discussion that his coaching record was the 6th worst winning percentage in NCAA history.

The top prize went to announcer turned head Mavs coach Quinn Buckner, who holds the worst record of any rookie NBA coach that completed at least one season.

Did Jim Cleamons check in? His pedigree and coaching results were VERY similar to our very own Tony Benford.

Did Jim Cleamons check in? His pedigree and coaching results were VERY similar to our very own Tony Benford.

No, and Benford has managed to schedule enough NAIA teams and eek out wins against them to avoid the top 5, IMO.

Lets hope we care enough about the basketball program to make a change at season's end.

• Upvote 1

Niope

The line was UNT +48 that day. I was I was in Vegas and put $50 on UNT. When I got my fund raiser letter from the school I sent them the ticket.

• Upvote 5

I just did a list of the shitiest radio stations in DFW and the ticket came in at #1

Really? Because they were honest? You're delusional to think that Dodge and Trilli were not both freaking awful coaches.

I don't know why this is such a big deal, neither are employed with us anymore.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 2

I don't know where you people live, but I have lived from Fort Worth to Frisco and everywhere in between and I can't get reception for both the AM and FM stations. It sounds like a couple of guys playing with a CB radio in an airplane hangar, horrible, piss poor production. And yes Dodge and Trilli do deserve at least consideration.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know where you people live, but I have lived from Fort Worth to Frisco and everywhere in between and I can't get reception for both the AM and FM stations. It sounds like a couple of guys playing with a CB radio in an airplane hangar, horrible, piss poor production. And yes Dodge and Trilli do deserve at least consideration.

You should give them another shot. They've upgraded the FM signal to 96.7. WAAAY stronger.

• Upvote 2

You should give them another shot. They've upgraded the FM signal to 96.7. WAAAY stronger.

I don't even like most Dallas sports but I love listening to the Ticket. Fake Wade and Jerry is still, years later, my favorite radio bit. And Grubes...good times.

I get them just fine in Denton.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1