Posting Twitter

Cooley

Ok so when you click on the inside of the of that box that contains the tweet you are wanting to copy it "opens" it up or make it bigger...

This reveals a link called "detail" towards the bottom of the opened tweet

Click detail and it takes you to a separate page that only includes the one tweet by itself...

Grab or copy the entire "http://twitter...." code from the address bar on this detail page...the address bar chador at the very top OG the page..

Come back here and paste it into your post AS IS -- that's where a lot of people get stumped they want to use the twitter button or image button but you don't have to do anything but just paste that exact code you grabbed from the twitter detail page on twitter and you are good.

After you post it here you will need to refresh the page again to see it.

I see several people still struggling with this.

1) Navigate down your timeline to the tweet you want to embed.

2) Click anywhere on the tweet: on the body text, image, etc...the tweet will expand and you will see a link for "DETAILS" (image below)

3) Click on "DETAILS" and your browser will take you to a URL specific to that tweet. Just copy and paste that URL from the address bar into the forum post box, and you're good to go. No extra BBC code or tag is necessary

gallery_655_185_113786.jpg

Posting from a PC is way easier than from a smartphone or tablet.

Pretty tough to walk around with a PC shoved in your pants.

On my iPhone twitter app I simply touch a horizontal, three dot symbol within the tweet I want to copy and a window pops up within the tweet that asks...."Copy Link To Tweet?". I simply touch that then hit past here and presto!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Pretty tough to walk around with a PC shoved in your pants.

On my iPhone twitter app I simply touch a horizontal, three dot symbol within the tweet I want to copy and a window pops up within the tweet that asks...."Copy Link To Tweet?". I simply touch that then hit past here and presto!

Rick

Perhaps what the iPhone makes up for in ease of use it fails horribly in spelling. I see more people with iPhones become atrocious spellers. Apple honestly does not know the difference between your and you're.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps what the iPhone makes up for in ease of use it fails horribly in spelling. I see more people with iPhones become atrocious spellers. Apple honestly does not know the difference between your and you're.

It spells words pretty good, it just puts the wrong damn word in at times. As bad as that feature is I've tried it with it turned off and it slows the typing process WAY down because of my fat finger spelling.

Rick

It spells words pretty good, it just puts the wrong damn word in at times. As bad as that feature is I've tried it with it turned off and it slows the typing process WAY down because of my fat finger spelling.

Rick

Apple spelling failures is widely documented though. I present to you - DamnYouAutoCorrect.com. You can spend countless hours reading hugely embarrassing auto-corrects and possibly suffer from dehydration because you are crying from laughing so hard.

This is perhaps one of the more "clean" ones that can be posted:

buy-you-a-castle.jpg

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

For those pupils who scored 90 or better on the twitter test, you are now allowed to begin your instagram posting training. Very similar to the twitter postings in that you just grab the instagram photo address code, however you sometimes have to remove the #'s at the end of the instagram address to make the code work. If a GMG.com pupil is able to do this on their own in this thread they will be allowed to drop their lowest test grade for the semester. More to come!

@CUSAFB All-Conference trophies are in for the 2013 MG squad. That's quite an impressive haul! #GoMeanGreen

A photo posted by Mean Green Football (@meangreenfb) on

Cooley -- I put a tweet in your post -- hit edit and it will give you an idea of what the address of the twitter post should look like. My guess is you are not getting to the "details" address...

take a look at this:

med_gallery_1_2_163564.jpg

when you "open" the tweet by clicking "expand" or just by clicking in the blank space of the box your tweet is located in, it will open up the tweet and you will get a link called "details" which I underlined in red in the above pic.

Just click that "detail" link and it will take you to a page that looks like this:

med_gallery_1_2_372904.jpg

I underlined the web address at the top left corner you need to copy and past in a post on GMG to show the embedded tweet. All you need is that address and that's its... once you post it, then just refresh the page and you should see it. Hope this helps you and others!