I have always been a big Ivan Rodriguez fan, and I have been LOVING what I have been seeing from him for the last couple of days, especially during today's NLDS-clinching game against San Francisco.

Although I understood the reasons the Rangers decided to let Pudge go, I didn't agree with a lot of them. I agree a long-term, high-dollar deal was not feasible, given the status of the team, and the fear of future Pudge injuries, but I think they could have come up with a shorter term deal beneficial to both sides.

The business about him not being able to handle a pitching staff, however, has been proven to be pure malarkey. Just look at the Marlins' staff. Pudge sure destroyed that group, didn't he? And if the Rangers proved one thing this year, its that their pitching woes go way beyond a catcher who might not want to cooperate in their pitchers' development.

I would love for Pudge to come back home next year, but given the current mindset of the front office (Tom Scheiffer should have never left the club), and Pudge's new-found popularity and success in Miami, I'm betting the Marlins find a way to lock him in to a longer-term deal. In the meantime, I can still enjoy watching him in the LCS, hopefully against the Cubs...

How about the playoffs overall this season?! Man it's turned into something else - great stuff. Both LCS should be great - in fact both should go 6 or 7 games IMHO.

Dear Satan Lucifer, Baphomet, Cthulhu, Beelzebub, Baal, etc,

How many people must I kill to arrange a Red Sox vs Cubs 7 game world series? Please reply with desired number, and if desired, method of killing. Forward address for delivery of said corpses. Soul may be available for purchase on ebay.

Thx,

Courtland

PS: Whats the going rate to give the entire Yankee franchise a horrible strain of ebola? I'll take that also.

BTW you know that's a twisted, sick joke, but dang if we don't need something to turn the curse off. blink.gif I don't know if I can take the Yankees whipping the Sox again in the postseason.

Edited by CMJ

Anyone but the Yankees.

You gotta pull for Pierre though. He is 6'0 180 (both generous listings), and stole 65 bases batting leadoff while playing a solid defensive CF. That's my kind of player. I wish the Rangers had someone like that.

I also really want Pudge to get that ring and stake his claim as the best catcher of all-time.