Andrew

I call BS on this. Are we to believe that all of you were able to come up with $10k for a stupid gmg.com bet, but NONE OF YOU COULD MUSTER 500(or whatever it was) REAL AMERICAN DOLLARS when Kram challenged us to raise money for either the Benford buyout fund OR the scrappy redo project?!!?!

Whose side are you bastards on and where are your damn priorities?!?!

Do you remember that episode of the Simpson's when Homer was the head of the union and had to choose between either keeping the dental plan or drinking a keg of beer?

We opted for the beer.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to those involved, but I fear it's time to come clean. Here goes...

"Andrew" is in fact a collaborative writing project / tontine between myself, Quoner, TheTastyGreek, Cerberus, CMJ, GreenP1, UNT90, LoveMG, TulsaFaninTexas and...remarkably...FireFightnRick, to provide us all a creative outlet for our frustrations at the current state of the basketball program and it's inept leader.

The premise was simple. We'd all have access to "Andrew" to opine inane, ridiculous and often unintelligible posts in someway related to basketball. We derived a far too complicated scoring system to get into here. To make things even more interesting, we all kicked $10,000 each into a high-yield tontine to be paid to the author with the highest score once "Andrew" was deemed "dead" (read: Benford fired).

The bit worked beautifully at first...raising the ire of those unaware and keeping traffic high in the basketball forum despite the lousy product on the court. It produced some memorable gems of "basketball insight" (the 2-3 zone bit? FFR's line! stroke of genius, sir). Hell, often some of us authors would argue quite literally with ourselves...writing under both "Andrew" and our usual screen names simultaneously (I'll tell you...sometimes even after you wrote as "Andrew" you were often left astounded at the words you wrote).

A problem has arisen of late, though. Two authors have already been murdered and I myself can no longer log in as "Andrew". I have not as of yet determined whether this is the act of one author greedily pursuing the tontine for himself as it becomes readily apparent that Benford is not likely soon fired, or...worse...if "Andrew" has gone all HAL 9000 and has developed his own mindfulness and state of being.

Either way, I fear for my life. One thing is certain...whatever Andrew writes should not be at all trusted.

I mean...even more so now.

I'm confused

• Upvote 1

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for what ever it was we did wrong. What we did *was* wrong.

but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms , in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...

Andrew: ...and an athlete...

Allison:...and a basket case...

Claire: ...a princess

John: ...and a criminal...

Brian:: Does that answer your question? ...sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.