Washington Post article on Johnny Quinn

Harry

Quinn attained his lofty status with a simple tweet of his accidental misadventure in an Olympic Village bathroom — #Sochijailbreak. The tweet, a photo of a bathroom door he’d burst through, went viral. It was retweeted over 25,000 times and favorited over 13,000 times and, suddenly, Johnny Quinn was a household name. Quinn, a former practice squad player for the Green Bay Packers and Buffalo Bills and Saskatchewan of the CFL, jumped into the shower — and, when he couldn’t get out of the bathroom, he tried to rouse his teammates.

“My neighbors are my two other teammates on the bobsled, so I was banging on the wall, trying to get their attention and — nothing, nothing,” he told CNN’s Rachel Nichols. “Not so much panic because I had running water, but I was sitting there banging on random parts of the wall to see if I could, you know, catch somebody’s attention and, as I’m banging on random parts going around the bathroom, I kind of hit the door and it cracks.

“So I go a little bit harder and my fist goes through the door. So I see light and I’m like, ‘Okay, time to get out of here now.’”

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/olympics/wp/2014/02/10/johnny-quinn-gets-stuck-in-an-elevator/

Told a fellow alum almost the day the hotel bathroom door picture first came out that it would be popular on the internet and how JQ was going to become well known for it. That was probably an easy prediction by many of our elect, though; that is, those of us who are internet media and news junkies, but never dreamed it would make Pierce Morgan's show (along with Pierce's usual off beat and dumb-arsed questions) and now the Washington Post.

The negative news Russia was getting over their rushed construction jobs along with the USA's concern over this entire Winter Olympics due to security questions would only enhance JQ's story and his kicking a huge hole thru the bathroom door.