Detroit Pistons fire cheeks

EagleD

Since he's been playing C with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, it seems obvious TMitch is being considered a PF by the Pistons.

I was hoping he'd develop more of a perimeter game and move to SF but even though he lacks ideal height for a PF, his wingspan more than accommodates. Hopefully, the Pistons make a move to get Monroe out of town opening up some rotation minutes as a backup PF behind Josh Smith (assuming they move him to his more natural PF position).

I've been trying to find some advanced stats that present TMitch in a light that would suggest he's excelling in the Dleague and is deserving of a call-up but beyond a pretty nice REB% of 19%, it's hard to find anything.

Truth is, he belongs in Fort Wayne right now.

• Upvote 1

Since he's been playing C with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, it seems obvious TMitch is being considered a PF by the Pistons.

I was hoping he'd develop more of a perimeter game and move to SF but even though he lacks ideal height for a PF, his wingspan more than accommodates. Hopefully, the Pistons make a move to get Monroe out of town opening up some rotation minutes as a backup PF behind Josh Smith (assuming they move him to his more natural PF position).

I've been trying to find some advanced stats that present TMitch in a light that would suggest he's excelling in the Dleague and is deserving of a call-up but beyond a pretty nice REB% of 19%, it's hard to find anything.

Truth is, he belongs in Fort Wayne right now.

Greg Monroe is a restricted free agent this year. I know he wants out of Detroit but the Pistons can match whatever offers he gets. I expect Tony Mitchell to be traded sometime this year. Guys near the end of the bench bounce back and forth from their NBA roster to the D-League and back to the NBA throughout a season. Chances are greater that they will be thrown into some trade package deal as a throw-in.

Tony is still good enough to make an NBA salary on an NBA club or D-League. Worst case is he goes off to Europe in a few years. Bottom line, Tony Mitchell will make more money than I have made my entire lifetime. He'll be fine.

• Upvote 2