Louisiana Tech (2/8/14)

CMJ

Time to fire Benford. Experiment failed. He has no excuse. He has talent, the fans want to be engaged but he's got nothing.

It looked like he had reclaimed some faith from you, not that you were the only one, after that UAB game. Turns out UAB was just a not-that-good team that shot the ball poorly that night. Same with A&M. Their basketball team scores less than their football team.

It looked like he had reclaimed some faith from you, not that you were the only one, after that UAB game. Turns out UAB was just a not-that-good team that shot the ball poorly that night. Same with A&M. Their basketball team scores less than their football team.

Yup. He earned my doubt, but recent things have proven that he didn't deserve that doubt.

If everyone on here would just show up to games and support the team maybe things would be different. The players respect the coach and vice versa. You cannot just pick one to want to get rid of. Support the team. I sent mark something on fb so we knows what I am talking about and mark there is more where that came from.

Hahaha
  • Upvote 2

Hahaha

And this is the reason mark and others stopped posting. This guy... Hahaha? Please expand on what apparently is so funny about my factual statement?

-I didn't know he had stopped for a while until recently though originally I tried to send him a message here but I could not figure out how to send the pictures from my iPad.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And this is the reason mark and others stopped posting. This guy... Hahaha? Please expand on what apparently is so funny about my factual statement?

-I didn't know he had stopped for a while until recently though originally I tried to send him a message here but I could not figure out how to send the pictures from my iPad.

Keep us posted on what you hear back from him and anyone else who stopped posting voluntarily. We need the whole crew.

• Upvote 1

Mark probably needed a break from trying to tell others how they should be mean green fans.

Your comment about people showing up to games and supporting and things would be different was funny. I immediately thought of the MTSU game. It was a hard fought game, it really was. I left feeling pretty good even though we lost. But, the outcome wasn't unexpected. Fans had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. Then your follow up on consulting players was even sillier. I hope these student athletes are having a great time and getting a great education playing ball for us and are proud to be part of this university. However, any decisions needs to be made with the direction of a program in mind. Not the direction of a couple of players or even an entire team. The time for building teams that can play has evidently passed. Now is as good a time as any to evaluate the direction of a program.

I'm glad the players and coaches respect each other, I really am. If that was all it took, I'm sure we'd be in the national championship. But it's not an advantage over other teams. They do that stuff too. The coaches and players that don't shouldn't be working at all or shouldn't be on scholarship as its an indication of a poor leader and poor followers. It's part of the sport in the way that needing a ball or shoes or a hoop is.

• Upvote 2

I only said that because we have so many seniors and if we do hire someone else it could affect there last year here. One change could affect them for the better or surprisingly for the worse. I also do not believe that fans just showing up to games will somehow magically make the team win; however it does not hurt. Playing in an empty arena will not bring in recruits, nor will it give the players the feeling of being supported they need. I have also heard of players and coaches who do constantly clash in schools across the nation. I am however curious about Colmen. I do get the feeling he is string headed. We do need his body in the most next season, he shows improvements and then makes mistakes.

• Downvote 4

I only said that because we have so many seniors and if we do hire someone else it could affect there last year here. One change could affect them for the better or surprisingly for the worse.

It would be most unfortunate. However, You could say that about last years' senior class too.

Would it be safe to say we have so many seniors because non of Benford's recruited Underclassman have made it to campus?

I don't see how that would effect Colman, CJ, Jordan, etc... They were all going to be seniors. I don't see the correlation. I think he made the choice to get juco guys or transfers who were better.

• Downvote 2