A Future, Major Mega-Million$ Recruiting Tool &...

.......if you were a recruit at our campus this weekend---- other than our outstanding coaching staff along with UNT's top shelf facilities, what else about UNT, Denton and Denton County would you want to tell our recruits (if such were allowed by the NCAA) many of whom will sign Letters of Intent next month?

Most of us being past citizens of Denton as former UNT students already know much about the campus, the city (night life) and the county that our recruits who'll be in this weekend will not have the time to discover in a 48 hour visit. So what sights, eateries or music venues at UNT, Denton and even Denton County would you recommend to those who sign with us next month?

:bling:And then..............the subject of the link below will be some very, very nice eye-candy for future UNT recruits, especially with these venues being located near Apogee Stadium once finished.

Wonder when they'll have dirt turning ceremonies for this major multi-million dollar project?

Wouldn't it have been nice if we could have roomed our potential recruits in this future hotel even this weekend had it already been completed? Great times ahead for all in Mean Green Country! :thumbsu:

www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Dent...-199063231.html

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

I think it is a great idea and yes it will impress many young people that come and visit. As a graduate student in the hospitality management department I know how many well trained and qualified people are floating around denton waiting for something like this. With this and a new baseball stadium we will continue to grow into the #1 university in the metroplex.

• Upvote 3

OK, I've got to check this eatery and music venue out at the Denton Courthouse Square area and soon.

The LSA Burger Company at 113 West Hickory "On The Square" received a great review in today's Fort Worth Star Telegram's DFW.com entertainment supplement.

I cannot recommend this to future UNT recruits until I check it out first myself but....

.......some of you who've already patronized the LSA Burger Company can probably give us an idea of their food and the music entertainment, too.

.https://www.facebook.com/LSABurgerCo

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

This thread feels like a Johnny Carson joke that went south but....

....anyone remember UNT rich and famous alum as well as NFL pioneer (for women) broadcaster Phyllis George's favorite cafe in Denton back in the day?

It had the name of 2 guys and was on either Locust or Elm street as I recall. Used to eat there myself.

Bing'ed and Google'd it looking for an old photo of that cafe but could not find it.

Some of you older alums know which cafe I am talking about here?

GMG!

GMG!