New contract to pay UNLV's Bobby Hauck $850,000 a year

Harry

Bobby Haucks new three-year contract will pay him an annual salary of $850,000, an increase of $350,000 per year over his old deal.

The annual salary increases are as follows: base salary from $150,000 to $250,000, media appearance fee from $150,000 to $225,000 and public appearance fee from $50,000 to $225,000.

Read more: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/jan/16/new-contract-pay-bobby-hauck-850000-year/

Wow. The guy is 13-38, has one winning season in four years, and gets this bump. UNLV seriously thinks they'll never find another coach who can accidentally have a winning season every four years or so?

Was I asleep during the major coaching searches, because I don't remember anyone coming after this guy on the heels of his 7-6 season.

Nuts.

• Upvote 4

That's high, but salaries are higher in the Mountain West. Petersen was making over $2 million; Christiansen at Wyoming was making over $1.2 million; Colorado State's Jim McElwain makes over $1.5 million if he hits his incentives. I don't know that this raise is so much a reward for Hauck for his season, as as it is a statement that they're willing to move up.

Glad for Bobby Hauck. He has turned the corner for UNLV football which has been in the dregs for longer than we were. He is much like Mac in that he has instilled a winning attitude and now better recruits will flock to Las Vegas - better than usual. You continue to go bowling and compete for an MWC title and all of a sudden you get the LV community behind you and your new stadium on the Strip. The dude's house was practically for sale in mid-September and then he ends up in a New Years Day bowl. I love persistence and passion and Bobby has both.

Way to go Rebs!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ummm wasn't the AD trying to find ways to even get this team to Dallas because they could not afford it?

I never heard that they couldn't afford it. There was never any talk of them not making the trip because they didn't have the funds. But most schools don't like taking a loss when their team plays a game; and considering they sold almost no tickets, they were trying to minimize the loss.

• 10 months later...

I just saw that. They had what, 2 wins this season? I guess maybe they do want somebody who can have more than 1 winning season every 4. Umm...waitasec...does that mean that we don't?

That means we don't care about wins and losses, only doing athletics on the cheap and staying in budget.

Hence 2 whore games and only 1 OOC home games next year.

We are UNT, it's what we do.

That means we don't care about wins and losses, only doing athletics on the cheap and staying in budget.

Hence 2 whore games and only 1 OOC home games next year.

We are UNT, it's what we do.

Are you calling me a whore? I thought that's what your favorite thread was for.

I think the Nebraska AD has the right idea. He announced during the Pelini firing presser that they would not hire an outside source to help with the hire. I agree.

The thing is, if you need outside help, do you really know what is happening in your field? Your hire - with or without outside help - is always a 50/50 proposition: the guy will work out or he won't.

To me, save your money. Do some research - not difficult in the internet era. Call around. Make a gut decision.

The AD should know the tone and culture of his school without outside help.

• Upvote 1