New UNT DL coach : Kevin Patrick

NT03

This is what happens when you hire a well respected and well connected coach. He has been able to make solid hire after solid hire.

He doesn't have to beat around the bush either I bet. Probably called Kevin up and said "Kevin I got a coaching position open you in or out?" Done.

Hopefully he can close the deal with Mr. Washington. Glad this got done so quickly to.

• Upvote 4

KP!! So excited he is joining the staff. He played at Miami, has a national championship ring. Played with Sapp, and the Rock. He is an amazing recruiter, incredible coach. He and Canales go way back. Patrick was on the original staff at USF, he left and came back to USF just like Canales.

This is amazing hire!

Makes perfect sense. He didn't work with Dan but did work with Chico and Skladany would surely know him since he was at UCF during the same period. I also see that Wintrich and Simmonds worked with him at USF.

Speaking of Skladany... has anyone seen this pic of him before?

Americans%2074%20Head%20John%20Skladany.

PIC: A young Richard Harris ("A Man Called Horse") look alike? Well....kinda' sorta' ?

Coach McCarney must have gotten some more budget monies for assistant coaches, too? If so......deserved and great!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1