Off Season Discussion: Greatest Memory of the 2013-14 Season?

UNTLifer

Way too many favorites from this great season to limit to just one so here are my most memorable ones:

-Hearing George Dunham yell "Brelan Got Away" on his call of Chancellor's KO Return TD at Georgia.

-Sed Ellis monster hit on the MUTS QB.

-Finally experiencing a two game Mean Green winning streak.

-At the UNT New Year's Eve party, KRAM1 predicted that Derek Thompson would roll right and throw back left to Drew Miller for a TD in the HOD game.

• Upvote 2

HoD Bowl Win

The Stand

Every play of every game. Memories to last a lifetime.

It has to be particularly satisfying for you as a parent of a player to see you son be rewarded after dealing with such tough seasons in the first years of his career here. As a parent, I love to see when my kids persevere and are rewarded for doing so.

-Finally experiencing a two five game Mean Green winning streak.

-At the UNT New Year's Eve party, KRAM1 predicted that Derek Thompson would roll right and throw back left to Drew Miller for a TD in the HOD game.

[if that's true, it's awesome/hilarious/scary!]

It has to be particularly satisfying for you as a parent of a player to see you son be rewarded after dealing with such tough seasons in the first years of his career here. As a parent, I love to see when my kids persevere and are rewarded for doing so.

It is satisfying for me as a fan of the team and of all the young men who endured not only the tough losses but also endured all the injuries, the surgeries and rehabs that a lot of the have gone through.

• Upvote 1

1) that 4th quarter at the HOD was incredible

new years day...watching our team win...at the historic Cotton Bowl...was so much fun!

2) the "Stand" against a salty Rice team

Goal line stance against Rice was the most memorable. It was pure passion and determination by the defense. The stakes were high, playing at home, and we needed to beat Rice to stay relevant in the conference race.

I also have to mentioned the 1st half up to the blocked punt in the Georgia game. I had an "out of body" experience-like feeling followed by a sympathetic nervous system overload of excitement, numbness, and confusion. Then the euphoric adrenal sensation dwindled away and reality set in. It was a great moment in time for me though in relation to one of the best memory of the season.

• Upvote 2