Another Tech QB comes available...

Harry

Anyway, sounds like Kingsbury isn't quite the "cool" guy to his players that the Dallas Morning News cracked him up to be earlier in the fall. Sounds like an ass who can't face his players asking questions that might have tough answers to them.

According to one player, unless there is more information that has come out that I am not aware of.

Buttwhistles. Nothing but bumbling, blustery buttwhistles...both of them.

80739-Supernatural-Dean-WHAT-gif-wtf-D5C

Uh...A&M is in the SEC now?

Anyway, sounds like Kingsbury isn't quite the "cool" guy to his players that the Dallas Morning News cracked him up to be earlier in the fall. Sounds like an ass who can't face his players asking questions that might have tough answers to them.

But...what does it matter? Tech has never so much as sniffed a Big 12 title anyway. Any time they thought they were coming close OU or Texas kicked them in the jimmies and sent them back to their dirt hole with their tails between their legs...guns down.

Kingsbury is no different than that buttclown Leach. What they need is a coach who understands that there is more to football than just throwing negative four to four yard passes 60-70 times per games.

This is so spot-on, its not even funny. That school gets decent talent to go there because its in the big league of the state. But it will never get the talent out there to compete with the recruiting advantages of the other schools. They fired their one advantage they ever had--although I agree completely that Leach was a buttclown. He was an offensive genius and had developed a great reputation for offensive talent to go there. Now, they are left to throwing a Hail Mary pass in hiring Coach Bro to see if he can hack it as a head coach. As I said when tech hired him, it just reeked of desperation, both to reconnect the Leach backers to the university again and to hire someone who wants to be a head coach in Lubbock, Texas. Tommy Tuberville, a coach who was a great SEC coach in Auburn, realilzed quickly that he couldn't get talent out west to play defense the way he coached it, hated Lubbock so much that he left recruits behind at a dinner to leave for the airport to become the head coach at f'ing Cincinatti, leaving an AQ conference for a school that isn't in the AQ leagues anymore. That should tell you all you need to know about that place, not to mention that they house the worst fans in the big 12, according to a poll done a couple of years ago by the players in the league. They are a team that builds its record up on wins over bad teams, beats one good team each year, then gets absolutely seal-clubbed by every other good team on their schedule (see TT football results since 2002).

I am jealous, though, that they got political favor with Texas--they have a great future ahead of them only because of UT. If UT goes west one day, almost certainly Tech will get to follow them, even though the Pac-12 wouldn't even consider them without Texas. The Big Ten already told texas that they have a "Tech problem" via an email between the B1G commissioner and UT's leadership, so that won't happen for them, but I think UT only drops Tech if they go independent, which they would do only to eventually go into the Big Ten a few years later. The leadership in Lubbock knows this, so we should all continue to expect more appreciation for all things Burnt Orange from those clowns in Lubbock. I cannot believe that the University of Texas finds themselves partnered up closer with Texas Tech than Texas A&M now. From academics to athletics, the Aggies and the Longhorns are much closer to each other than Tech will ever be. It is just another reminder of how politics really does make strange bedfellows...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Some great sports talk here. Kingsbury only beat the #14 team in the country by two touchdowns in a bowl game in his first year as a head coach. He'll never be successful! He's too young and he talks and dresses different than the other head coaches. They should have kept that guy who ripped the headset off a GA during a game and left those recruits at a restaurant like a guy on a bad blind date, that's how a real big time head coach handles his business!

• Upvote 1

Ummmmm.... Our back-up QB just announced he was transferring too. Does that mean Mac isn't a "cool" guy either? Kliff didn't recruit Brewer. And Kliff didn't try to keep Mayfield. Kliff set several NCAA passing records as a QB then coached another QB to the Heisman Trophy. I bet he knows what he is doing with his QB situation.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ummmmm.... Our back-up QB just announced he was transferring too. Does that mean Mac isn't a "cool" guy either? Kliff didn't recruit Brewer. And Kliff didn't try to keep Mayfield. Kliff set several NCAA passing records as a QB then coached another QB to the Heisman Trophy. I bet he knows what he is doing with his QB situation.

I didn't realize McNulty was transferring.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Uh...A&M is in the SEC now?

But...what does it matter? Tech has never so much as sniffed a Big 12 title anyway. Any time they thought they were coming close OU or Texas kicked them in the jimmies and sent them back to their dirt hole with their tails between their legs...guns down.

Kingsbury is no different than that buttclown Leach. What they need is a coach who understands that there is more to football than just throwing negative four to four yard passes 60-70 times per games.

I take it you don't recall TT going into the top 5 in the BCS standings and finishing in a 3 way tie for the conference with Leach? He fell short that year but did a great job at Tech. The sky was the limit until baby James & Daddy struck. But hey, it's the internet, you can change facts and call names if you want.
  • Upvote 1

I am jealous, though, that they got political favor with Texas--they have a great future ahead of them only because of UT. If UT goes west one day, almost certainly Tech will get to follow them, even though the Pac-12 wouldn't even consider them without Texas. The Big Ten already told texas that they have a "Tech problem" via an email between the B1G commissioner and UT's leadership, so that won't happen for them, but I think UT only drops Tech if they go independent, which they would do only to eventually go into the Big Ten a few years later.

One of the main reasons for this is because the UT (and aTm) systems need Tech due to their law and medical schools. As much ribbing as Tech gets for being in a sandhole, they fill a big niche. aTm/UT both need Tech to be fairly strong in order to draw students into those schools mentioned, because the other 2 cannot support the entire state for those types of career fields.

If Tech did not have those two colleges, they would have virtually no favor with either aTm or UT.

• Upvote 1

What fact am I changing: Leach has no national titles or Leach has no conference titles? Oh, he shared one three ways? Wow. What dominance. In a decade, he shared, three ways, one conference title. He really has the defensive coordinators of the college football world baffooned.

Didn't see any statements of dominance from anyone. However, you did call a guy who (during his tenure in Lubbock) was one of sixteen active coaches to have never had a losing (or a .500) season and one of nine out of that group with at least 5 seasons coached a buttclown. His offense led the NCAA in passing yardage four years in a row so it would seem more than a few defensive coordinators were baffooned by said buttclown. And the other guy you claimed was nothing but an ass and a buttclown helped him set those offensive records as a player, and went 8-5 in his first season as a HC at 34 years old while upsetting the #14 team in the country by two touchdowns in their bowl game. So I'm going to assume that you have some type of personal hate towards Leach/Kingsbury and/or Tech in general, because otherwise your post would make absolutely no sense at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You know the weird story concerning Texas Tech is that at my ripe age of 63 I can only remember the Red Raiders ever winning (or was it even tying?) for 1 conference championship in my entire lifetime. I don't know how they get around that "one small detail" when recruiting, either.

I also don't think TCU is hardly going to be piling on conference championships in the Big 12, either, much like they did "not" pile them on their last quarter century in the now defunct Southwest Conference.

TCU Coach Patterson 2 years ago really got drunk on the purple kool-ade when he announced that he wanted TCU to be "the Metroplex's college football team." Wonder if Coach 'Pat was able to view the HOD Bowl game televised from the historic Cotton Bowl as he would have seen 35,000 Mean Green fans (along with a MG win) and that happening after just "1" winning season in MG Country out of the last decade? * Sounds to me like a "regional" university with one helluva bunch of upside to me.

Moral of Post and Message For the TCU Coach: Coach Pat', you should probably just stick with your private school Froggies being "your home team" in Cowtown. Also, as many across the USA have seen pics online of that very small crowd of yalls Big 12 home game against the Kansas Jayhawks........well.................I'll stop with that. :zoro:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Tech has been in the same conference as UT since 1958, long before Tech had a law school or med schools. UT associates with Tech because of Tech's professional schools? Sound s like a major stretch/rationalization. Aggies are gone. Who else would UT/Tech affiliate with?

Wyoming? Montana? I'm assuming they're equally surrounded by barren dirt.

nobody else in the state has stepped up to be a major player, so it goes to the barren plains..

UT is #1 in EVERYTHING and there is a big gap after them, but Tech is not small-time. Who else??

Tech averages 58k home attendance with >13k students/game

#17 school all-time number of bowl games played, won 9 of last 10

Wall street Journal ranks Tech #22 most valuable football program

# 26 rank collegiate licensing ranking

Academically; Tech/UH just received National Research university funding,and Tech and will start to close the gap with UT. Tech raises > $100 million/yr, completed a 1 billion dollar fund-raising campaign, tech system endowment should pass 1 billion this year, and has $220 million/yr research budget.. Tech will make a good target for PAC or other major conference if B12 ever dissolves

What other state school in Texas is as solid overall with football/academic programs? UH ? NT? UTEP?

Tech will never catch UT academically. They may reach an endowment of 1 billion this year. Texas has an endowment of over 18 billion as of 2012. Texas will out recruit TT for faculty. I am not plugging for UT, but after 45 years in higher ed., I am just stating the facts as they are.

• Upvote 1

Tech has been in the same conference as UT since 1958, long before Tech had a law school or med schools. UT associates with Tech because of Tech's professional schools? Sound s like a major stretch/rationalization. Aggies are gone. Who else would UT/Tech affiliate with?

In 1958, the population of Texas was 9,579,677. In 2013, the estimated population of Texas was 26,448,193.

Yes, Tech has "favor" politically with UT (and aTm) somewhat because of their professional schools. Is it the only reason? I'm sure it isn't, but there is no denying that both schools need Tech to give kids options in those parts of the Southwest that would otherwise put more strain on the UT and aTm systems. aTm has already purchased TWU law school--because there is a demand for it. Tech fills a demand in their neck of the woods.

Didn't see any statements of dominance from anyone. However, you did call a guy who (during his tenure in Lubbock) was one of sixteen active coaches to have never had a losing (or a .500) season and one of nine out of that group with at least 5 seasons coached a buttclown. His offense led the NCAA in passing yardage four years in a row so it would seem more than a few defensive coordinators were baffooned by said buttclown. And the other guy you claimed was nothing but an ass and a buttclown helped him set those offensive records as a player, and went 8-5 in his first season as a HC at 34 years old while upsetting the #14 team in the country by two touchdowns in their bowl game. So I'm going to assume that you have some type of personal hate towards Leach/Kingsbury and/or Tech in general, because otherwise your post would make absolutely no sense at all.

They are both buttclowns. Their best coach was Spike Dykes because he understood that there are three phases to football - offense, defense, and special teams.

In all the years since Spike Dykes, Tech has shared one Division title, never played in a Big 12 Championship game or shared the actual Big 12 title, nor have they been to a BCS bowl.

All Mike Leach does is run off with the mouth. He'll never be a champion. No team he ever coaches will be a champion. The same will hold true for Kliff Kingsbury until he decides defense is as important, if not moreso, than offense.

The big dog in Texas is Texas. Spike Dykes was 7-7 in 14 years against Texas. In the 14 season since he retired, Tech is 2-12 against Texas with their Playstation head coaches.

Hell, even during Texas' down cycle from 2010-13 Tech was 0-4 against them. That includes the 41-16 mudhole stomping Texas put on them this past season when their defense leaked like a sieve to the degree that they ditched their DC after a couple of games.

Sorry. I call a spade a spade. The current Texas Tech coach and Mike Leach both are nothing. They coach 1/3rd of a football game because they are arrogant and stupid.

In honor of Leach and Kingsbury, Under Armor should make special clown uniforms for Texas Tech to wear for their home games, complete with big red noses and oversized shoes.

Leach, Kingsbury, and Texas Tech, in general, are clowny. They deserve every bit of scorn and derision they attract as a reulst of those two buttboogers, Leach and Kingsbury.

And, I'll say more!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Here I am, saying more! As promised.

All of this offensive genius throwing up a 2-12 record against Texas since Spike Dykes left. That stupid, country redneck Dykes - so stupid that he relied on a run game and stiff defense - went 7-7 against the Longhorns.

And, Spike did actually share a conference title, not just a division title.

So, all this talk of Leach and Kingsbury being offensive geniuses...balderdash! They are nothing but a freakshow: you look at it for a few mintues, then walk on down to the midway to let your kids ride the rides while you munch on corndogs and bags of salted peanut and whatnot.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

They are both buttclowns. Their best coach was Spike Dykes because he understood that there are three phases to football - offense, defense, and special teams.

In all the years since Spike Dykes, Tech has shared one Division title, never played in a Big 12 Championship game or shared the actual Big 12 title, nor have they been to a BCS bowl.

All Mike Leach does is run off with the mouth. He'll never be a champion. No team he ever coaches will be a champion. The same will hold true for Kliff Kingsbury until he decides defense is as important, if not moreso, than offense.

The big dog in Texas is Texas. Spike Dykes was 7-7 in 14 years against Texas. In the 14 season since he retired, Tech is 2-12 against Texas with their Playstation head coaches.

Hell, even during Texas' down cycle from 2010-13 Tech was 0-4 against them. That includes the 41-16 mudhole stomping Texas put on them this past season when their defense leaked like a sieve to the degree that they ditched their DC after a couple of games.

Sorry. I call a spade a spade. The current Texas Tech coach and Mike Leach both are nothing. They coach 1/3rd of a football game because they are arrogant and stupid.

In honor of Leach and Kingsbury, Under Armor should make special clown uniforms for Texas Tech to wear for their home games, complete with big red noses and oversized shoes.

Leach, Kingsbury, and Texas Tech, in general, are clowny. They deserve every bit of scorn and derision they attract as a reulst of those two buttboogers, Leach and Kingsbury.

And, I'll say more!

Here I am, saying more! As promised.

All of this offensive genius throwing up a 2-12 record against Texas since Spike Dykes left. That stupid, country redneck Dykes - so stupid that he relied on a run game and stiff defense - went 7-7 against the Longhorns.

And, Spike did actually share a conference title, not just a division title.

So, all this talk of Leach and Kingsbury being offensive geniuses...balderdash! They are nothing but a freakshow: you look at it for a few mintues, then walk on down to the midway to let your kids ride the rides while you munch on corndogs and bags of salted peanut and whatnot.

Spike Dykes’ record during his 14 years at Tech: 82-67

Mike Leach’s record during his 10 years at Tech: 84-43

According to you, the only metric for comparing these two is their record against the horns.

Dykes went 7-7 against a program that was 95-68 during his time at Tech

Leach went 2-7 against a program that was 128-27 during his time at Tech. Which included the upset of the then #1 ranked mighty horns.

I’m not sure why you mentioned 2010-2013 when Leach wasn’t at Tech and Kingsbury was only there for the most recent year in which he was coaching a team made up of mostly players brought in by the failed (or as you might say stinky boogerbutt dumbhead stupidface) Tommy Tuberville.

I’ll agree that Leach has yet to field a good defense. However, the fact that his defenses have been so bad only further proves how good his offenses have been. In case you forgot, he had a winning season in each of the 10 seasons he was at Tech.

So in conclusion, you’re wrong. Because sports.

• Upvote 5