UNT, C-USA officials examining UNT scheduling issue

Harry

It's really just payback for the loss UTA would have handed us had we not skipped out on them.

This.

UTA has to be enjoying this immensely.

UNT90's bet against KRAM on 10 wins this season just got a lot of help...we are gonna be back to 8 wins, with two of those over those non-D1 giants, Northwood and Wayland Baptist.

I still like Kram's odds, but it really won't surprise me if UNT90 wins this thing...and I cannot imagine how crazy UNT90 will be when Benford is back as the head coach for 2014-2015.

Why are they "investigating" this now? Couldn't they have done this when the schedule was announced?

And what investigating do they have to do? Can't they just go to MeanGreenSports.com and look at the schedule?

I doubt there is any investigating going on. It is likely discussing what to do about the situation.

With SFA the game was canceled/forfeited but the game has not been played yet. In our case we have played all of our non-conference games meaning we'd have to go back and revise history. Is that what the conference really wants or could we see some other form of punishment?

Edited by UNTFan23

Never change. :D

My pastor said this is like in the bible when everyone turned into pillars of salt and then then Lot went back, kicked them all over, sprained his foot doing so, barely made it back and then declared it an epic victory, only to have God take away the win later and give the forfeit record of 0-0 to Lot's wife. They also were down with Archer in S&G, so it makes sense.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm just curious because it said if UNT would have to forfiet any games (plural). Would we have to forfiet more then one? This is a low blow for sure but I will still show up and support the team. It sucks for everyone involved though.

This is like when I tried to get people to respect the FULL legacy of Henri Paul. He was a great driver and it was an unfortunate incident for everyone in the automobile.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Maybe this will light a fire under everyone's butts and we win out for the rest of the season....maybe....

You can't be serious.

At this point I'm worried that since we have already played the games, other schools may petition that as punishment we not be allowed to participate in the conference tournament.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 4

You can't be serious.

At this point I'm worried that since we have already played the games, other schools may petition that as punishment we not be allowed to participate in the conference tournament.

Is that possible? I am unsure what all actions can and cannot be taken to be honest. This is a huge mess but I will not let it bother my interest in UNT hoops. I just feel bad for everyone involved and hope it works out.

• Upvote 1

Is that possible? I am unsure what all actions can and cannot be taken to be honest. This is a huge mess but I will not let it bother my interest in UNT hoops. I just feel bad for everyone involved and hope it works out.

It's easy to adjust the playoff bracket for the conference tournament. It's far more equitable for the other teams of the conference than dropping a game as that could have an impact in seeding.

What a huge black eye for the program, especially our first year in CUSA.

Edited by UNTFan23