UNT, C-USA officials examining UNT scheduling issue

Harry

sadly...i like this and enjoy it...benford has been over his head since rv gave him the job...sadly...he has no business coaching this team nor at this level...assistant...sure...he was fine at the marquette...but what the hell has he shown that he deserves this job at the salary he is paid??!?!?! i hope cusa rakes our school...it's deserved...benford should have known this rule when scheduling the cupcake shiatt that he did so that he could hopefully make double digit victories and get another damn year...eff i miss jones or any damn coach that can coach...north texas deserves whatever punishment the conference gives us...

if this gets the school closer to firing this guy...so be it...the dude can't coach...no evidence that he can...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

sadly...i like this and enjoy it...benford has been over his head since rv gave him the job...sadly...he has no business coaching this team nor at this level...assistant...sure...he was fine at the marquette...but what the hell has he shown that he deserves this job at the salary he is paid??!?!?! i hope cusa rakes our school...it's deserved...benford should have known this rule when scheduling the cupcake shiatt that he did so that he could hopefully make double digit victories and get another damn year...eff i miss jones or any damn coach that can coach...north texas deserves whatever punishment the conference gives us...

if this gets the school closer to firing this guy...so be it...the dude can't coach...no evidence that he can...

Amen!

• Upvote 2

Totally giving you a beer next time we see each other. I'll even stop and buy a macrobrew just to keep you on your regular diet.
  • Upvote 2

There is much to agree with here...except that the AD needs a kick in the rear as well. Regardless of whose responsibility it is to put it together, they knew the schedule was a joke and had to sign off on it. Hard to believe that no one looked at it and thought to at least ask the question.

We deserve what we get.

• Upvote 2

There is much to agree with here...except that the AD needs a kick in the rear as well. Regardless of whose responsibility it is to put it together, they knew the schedule was a joke and had to sign off on it. Hard to believe that no one looked at it and thought to at least ask the question.

We deserve what we get.

Same AD that basically blamed the players for last year in a recent GMG podcast?

Hopefully his eyes are ever so slowly being opened, along with the eyes of some of our biggest donors. Denial is the strongest human emotion, and we all know what an emotional guy RV can be...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

As of this morning, the OP link to the VITO article goes to a page that says nothing but "I'll be back in a few minuites."

So I'm gathering from the thread that we likely broke a scheduling rule, and that it will cost us a retroactive forfeit? Groovy.

Here's what Brett posted late last night :

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/01/thoughts-on-unt-scheduling-snafu.html/

• Upvote 1

Don't know who is responsible ... but someone needs to read the rules and follow them.... even if you don't agree with them.. ( who schedules... AD or coaches?, both should know, that is their profession ... we expect the same from everyone else we deal with that is in charge ...doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, teachers, mechanics etc.)

It would be more understandable to a school switching classifications with schedule commitments..... but not to one that has been in Division I for a long time.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66