UNT, C-USA officials examining UNT scheduling issue

Harry

You guys really think anyone should be responsible for a schedule played by 20 YEAR OLD MEN? You want Benny to hold their hands while they play games that should have never been scheduled?

I am just wondering how this passed anyone. Coach, athletic department, even the conference. It should have been handled from the start if it was an issue by the athletic department and the conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This.

UTA has to be enjoying this immensely.

UNT90's bet against KRAM on 10 wins this season just got a lot of help...we are gonna be back to 8 wins, with two of those over those non-D1 giants, Northwood and Wayland Baptist.

I still like Kram's odds, but it really won't surprise me if UNT90 wins this thing...and I cannot imagine how crazy UNT90 will be when Benford is back as the head coach for 2014-2015.

Crazy isn't the word.

Completely disinterested is the phrase.

It does look like Benny is attempting to show his players how to create an assist by throwing one my way. With the weak crap he put on that schedule, he should forfeit 2 games, just for posterity's sake.

Make no mistake, KRAM is still the odds on favorite here, but it looks like I just got a reprieve until the week of 2/20 ,anyway. There will be no KRAM celebration if we somehow win Thursday night.

I would also like to remind everybody that I am kind of rooting for KRAM in this bet, because it kills me to see these kids provided no leadership and ANY victory is cause for celebration.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

"Time for a coaching change. Paging RV."

Heard late March 8, 2013 via the Hot Springs Convention Center Court PA.

Sadly, completely ignored by one Rick Villareal.

Fixed.

This really is quite amazing and should be the death knell of the Benford fiasco.

But, of course, we have to keep pretending we play major college basketball without actually doing it, so nothing will happen.

Edited by UNT90

RV is responsible for scheduling. WTF?

In football, yes. I believe in basketball, the head coach basically sets the schedule.

I'm sure some of our better basketball minds could tell you if this is right or wrong (NT03?)

EDIT: But, RV is the AD, so is therefore responsible for it in the end.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

In football, yes. I believe in basketball, the head coach basically sets the schedule.

I'm sure some of our better basketball minds could tell you if this is right or wrong (NT03?)

EDIT: But, RV is the AD, so is therefore responsible for it in the end.

Generally yes, the HC in basketball has that responsibility

Generally yes, the HC in basketball has that responsibility

But I'm sure in this special circumstance that Tony Mitchell set this schedule while poisoning the mind of the current players on the roster which led to everything negative happening in this program.

Or at least that will be the rumor "floated" out there.

• Upvote 1

I am just wondering how this passed anyone. Coach, athletic department, even the conference. It should have been handled from the start if it was an issue by the athletic department and the conference.

Do we have any REAL men in the AD anymore??? Christ almighty!

• Upvote 2

You can't be serious.

At this point I'm worried that since we have already played the games, other schools may petition that as punishment we not be allowed to participate in the conference tournament.

My guess is that we have to forfeit one of the games in question, MAYBE two, but I doubt that. If they want to throw the book at us they will schedule us to play at Western Kentucky.

Every season.

Forever.

• Upvote 1

Maybe this will light a fire under everyone's butts and we win out for the rest of the season....maybe....

This is honestly the greatest bit of all bits in the history of bits. Next you will tell us this run will continue through the ncaa tournament and we will all be kissing benford's shoes as he climbs the ladder to cut the net when we win the national title.

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2

I think we haven't received our punishment yet because CUSA wants to take away a conference win...

If we don't win any conference games do we finish the season with a -1?

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 4

If we don't win any conference wins do we finish the season with a -1?

Benford - where the amazing happens.

Seriously, someone with free time needs to put together a video like those NBA ones a few years back with the music and all.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2