Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cooley

Didn't locate when the HOD game will be played. So we are now up to 40 bowl games; where only about 46 schools don't go to a bowl.

I remember our 9-1 team in 1975 (ranked 17th during the season) that wasn't invited to one of the 10 or so bowls during that time. Don't know what's worse, the number of college bowl games or 4 high school teams going to the playoffs in each district (with 2 state champs in the upper classifications)

Edited by Cooley

Didn't locate when the HOD game will be played. So we are now up to 40 bowl games; where only about 46 schools don't go to a bowl.

I remember our 9-1 team in 1975 (ranked 17th during the season) that wasn't invited to one of the 10 or so bowls during that time. Don't know what's worse, the number of college bowl games or 4 high school teams going to the playoffs in each district (with 2 state champs in the upper classifications)

The participation trophy, everyone is a special little snowflake, mentality creeps further into all aspects of society. Add to that ten playoff teams in MLB, twelve playoff teams in NFL, and I'm pretty sure the entire league with maybe some minor league teams added into the playoffs in NHL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Remember we have the "playoffs" so it's not necessarily more teams getting into a bowl game.

The 4 teams in each district making the playoffs and separating who goes where simply on enrollment is the worst. Its all about maximizing profit (playoff games generate extra money) while trying to appease the "GIve more kids the opportunity to feel good about themselves" mentality. Some of us remember when just the district champion made the high school playoffs--I actually liked having the extra team be eligible to make the playoffs, as well, but it should have never gone beyond two teams for any sport.

I lost all interest in high school football when they separated into the two divisions of playoffs. Very stupid idea.

• Upvote 1