'14 offensive lineman Daniel Keith (Al)

BillySee58

Not sure when we offered or if we're still actively recruiting this kid (we may be done at offensive line) but we offered according to Rivals and 247.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Keith-148764;_ylt=AniwasDY0ppMwGiPg2IwGJxHPZB4

http://247sports.com/Player/Daniel-Keith-29256

I love that we offered a kid from Alabama. We also offered a kid from the Atlanta area this class and have an offer extended to a kid in the 2015 class from North Carolina.

I hope we offer some kids from places like Memphis and Florida too. Offering these kids doesn't mean we're putting our hearts and souls into getting them and recruiting those areas. Just means we're evaluating more areas and if these kids are interested then awesome. If not, no harm was done in offering an out of state kid and inviting him to a junior camp, talon talent, Friday night light camp, etc.

Keep an eye on our out of state recruiting for 2015, now that we've turned some heads in the south with a good performance in CUSA, a competitive game with Georgia, and 9 wins and a bowl victory. I think we nab a commit or two from a state not named Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma.

• Upvote 1

Highly Unlikely. Been following NT recruiting since roughly 2000, I can think of just a few non Jucos from outside TX, LA, OK.

Who? I don't think we've gotten any outside those 3 states, as far as straight out of high school, non walkons outside Mcnulty.

Edit: I see Dickey brought in a couple o-linemen from outside the region (Kansas and LA area).

That's my point though. Things are changing. We're finally winning games against non-sunbelt opponents. Even when we were winning the Sunbelt it didn't mean much to recruits.

This year, having success in CUSA, we finished 5th in the country out of all non-AQ schools in the country this year. Not saying we're going to pluck kids from SEC schools, but we are starting to actually get a brand now. At the least I think we're only going to see us offer more of these kids, which we appear to be doing. Getting any of them is contingent on our first impression and their interest.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

K.C. Obi was from California and we also had a giant OL from Pennsylvania that never really contributed to name a few.

Was Obi signed out of high school? He went to Bishop Alemany with a cousin of mine, but I never saw his name show up on any recruiting websites.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying we should ditch Texas. But recruiting in state should come easier which will allow us to broaden our horizons and add a few out of state guys to our big boards. Whether we get them or not will in no way break our class, but it could help make it.